SI® Lead-free Inserts For Plastics
- Lead-free inserts offer alternative to brass to address environmental active use and afterlife recycling concerns.
- New lead-free aluminum inserts are 70% lighter than brass equivalents.
- Stainless steel inserts are typically stronger than brass and may offer better protection from certian types of corrosive agents.
- All inserts are available for press in, molded in or ultrasonic/heat installation.
Nickel Plated, Series 400, Stainless Steel Standoffs
- Standoffs allow for stacking or spacing in applications where corrosion resistance is required.
- Fasteners clinch securely into stainless steel sheet with hardness up to HRB 88 / HB 183.
- Available with blind or through-hole threads. Closed threads provide flush appearance on back side of sheet.
- Nickel plating presents an attractive finish to enhance overall assembly appearance.
SMPP™ Self-Clinching Nuts
- Installs into stainless steel sheets as thin as .025″ / 0.64 mm.
- Corrosion resistance similar to 300 series stainless steel.
- Ideal for close-to-edge of sheet applications.
- Recommended for use in stainless steel sheets HRB 90 / HB 192 or less.
Flush-head Studs with X-Press™ Thread Profile
- Offers fast, reliable attachment.
- Reduces assembly time.
- Allows for lighter assembly.
- Self-clinching stud mounts flush in metal sheets as thin as 1mm.
- Thread design accommodates paints and coatings without compromising performance.
- Self-clinching technology is cleaner and has a more attractive finished appearance than welding.
- Can be installed during th stamping process with PEMSERTER® In-die technology.
ReelFast® Surface Mount Captive Panel Screws
- All metal captive screw assembly installs in one piece utilizing pick and place method.
- Combination drive, Torx®/ slot.
- Solderable finish.
- Screw length code "0" retracts flush in up position.
- Ability to pick and place by nominal nozzle.
- Ease of installation.
VariMount® Bonding Fasteners
- Base plate provides generous footprint for surface bonding or mold-in mounting.
- Radial holes in base plates encapsulate adhesives or molded plastics.
- Radial holes accept standard sized rivet diameters.
- Radial holes accept standard sized self-clinching fasteners.
- Assemblies can be mounted on front or through back of panels.
- Self-clinching fastener technology permanently holds fastener to base.
- A variety of fasteners are available.
ReelFast® Surface Mount Fasteners – Tin Plated Brass Nuts and Spacers / Standoffs
- Better corrosion resistance than steel standoffs.
- Higher conductivity than steel standoffs.
- Pick-n-place installation provides:
- Faster assembly
- Reduced scrap and handling
- Reduced risk of board damage
- Reduced loose hardware.
Type T4™ microPEM® TackPin® Fasteners
- Advantages over micro screws: eliminates costly tapping, cross threading, torque control, vibration back-out and installation time.
- Interference fit minimizes hole tolerance issues.
- Tapered tip assists location.
- Low-profile head provides space savings.
- Can be installed automatically.
- For use in stainless steel and higher strength aluminum alloy sheets.
- Global Automotive Components and Suppliers, June 20-22, 2017, Messe Stuttgrt, Germany – Visit PennEngineering Booth 4024, Click here to register for a FREE entry badge! - May 12, 2017
- DesignFax Magazine Feature Article “How Surface Mount Fasteners Carry The Day For Printed Circuit Boards” - April 20, 2017
- MetalForming Magazine Feature Article “In-Die MicroPin Insertion” - April 13, 2017
Issues | Sign Up
- PEM® VariMount® Fastening System Enables Use of Self-Clinching Fasteners for Attachment Applications in Composites, Plastics, and Other Rigid Materials - June 13, 2017
- PennEngineering® Announces Expanded Lead-Free Initiative Promoting Environmental, Sustainability, and Marketplace Objectives - May 30, 2017
- New Atlas® Process Monitoring Unit Provides Instant Feedback on Installation of Blind Threaded Inserts - May 22, 2017