True Positional Tolerance
Typically, this is +/- .005" where competition is as high as +/- .015". The close relationship between the hole and the fastener being installed provides accuracy.
Perpendicularity of Studs/Pins
While this is dependent upon the type and thickness of material, sizeand length of the fastener and installation methodology, typically our parts are within 1° of perpendicularity to the mounting surface.
Fasteners are Always Captured
Our fasteners are never in a loose state within the die so there is zerorisk for tool damage. Every tool is application specific to account for allpossible variables involving safety and productivity.
With the ability to install top-down, bottom-up and on compound angles,there are few areas that are inaccessible. By working with the componentdesigner, the tooling designer, the die maker and the stamping supplier,optimization of all variables is possible. This represents a cohesivedesign effort.
Reduced Tooling Costs
Die designers can benefit from minimized maching requirements by working with our Pro-Die team. Preferred installation is in the final sequence where variation is limited.
No need to design a coined area on the opposite side of the installationarea, as PEM® fasteners are flush on the working side. This is one lessvariable to contend with. The fastener supplier is also the systemsupplier.
Removable Tools/Portability of the Delivery System
You can pull the install tools from the die without pulling the die, the bowlcan be moved to another press and tracks can be On/Off as applicationsdictate.
- Fastening & Assembly Solutions And Technology Exhibition – 09/21/2017 Imperial War Museum, Cambridgeshire - September 14, 2017
- Attend In-Die Fastener Installations Training Session – FABTECH, 11/6/17 led by PennEngineering’s Roger Patton - September 8, 2017
- AMS Asia Pacific Supplement August 2017 – “Down To Earth, Validation Tests of PROFIL’s Earthing Studs” - August 15, 2017
Issues | Sign Up
- PEM® FHL™ and FHLS™ Self-Clinching Flush-Head Studs for Thin Metal Sheets Feature Low-Displacement Head Design Enabling Close-to-Edge Installation - August 17, 2017
- New PEM® SMTSS™ ReelFast® SNAP-TOP® Standoff Fasteners Hold Printed Circuit Boards Securely Without Mating Screws or Other Hardware - July 25, 2017
- Rocky Pinheiro Joins PennEngineering® as Global Vice President of Quality - July 20, 2017