Title: Automated Inspection Machine Operator – 1st Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position requires the set-up and operation of automated inspection laser, vision machines, and locking/closing machines. Bulk pack product off of automated inspection machine manually and utilizing a box conveyor machine. Run a bagging machine as part of an integrated system with the automated inspection machine. Move product to various locations through out the plant by utilizing power and manual pallet jacks. Read product print and measure product with a micrometer or caliper.
• Set up and operate automated laser and vision inspection machines to ensure product conformance.
• Loads automated inspection machines, unwrap skids and moves product to the next operation.
• Read and understand product prints and catalog information.
• Read and understand router operation information for any special setup or labeling requirements.
• Utilizes computer program to view product print.
• Optimizes bowl and in-line feeder settings to maximize productivity.
• Bulk packs parts off of Automated Inspection Machine manually and utilizing a box conveyor machine.
• Runs an integrated system consisting of a bagging machine interfaced with an automated inspection machine.
• Work in a team environment to ensure the consistent management of machine operation and output.
• Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to assist team in meeting goals related to quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale (QCDSM).
• Works with minimal supervision to independently perform the job of Automated Inspector Machine Operator in its entirety as assigned.
• Prints box and bag labels for product.
• Operates weighing scale to determine weight per thousand or average piece weight.
• Performs minor routine maintenance, adjustments and cleans automated inspection machines, baggers and conveyors as needed.
• Utilizes SF9590 to prioritize work load.
• Utilizes power jack and manual jack to move product to proper location.
• Utilizes ERP System to assist in production management.
• Uses micrometer or caliper to measure parts.
• Read and understand written work instructions.
• Completes router and Non-Conformance Report, as needed.
• Applies rust preventative lubricant to parts.
• Logs on and off DSI properly.
• Keeps work area organized and clean at all times.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver 35 pounds on a skid multiple times per hour.
• Must be able to lift and transfer 35 pounds at waist height multiple times per hours.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. from floor to waist up to 20 times per hour.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 25 lbs. from floor to and above shoulder height up to 25 times per hour.
• Must be able to stand throughout the entire shift.
• Must be able to work in an unair-conditioned, well ventilated and/or air conditioned shop environment.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
•Good communication and basic math skills.
• Familiarity and experience with reading prints and measuring parts.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.
New microPEM® ClampDisk™ Fastener Offers Innovative Alternative to Traditional Automotive & Consumer Electronics Assemblies - October 21, 2019
Designfax, February 2019 “Engineer’s Toolbox: Self-Clinching Fasteners Design Tips - February 14, 2019
More News | Tradeshows
Issues | Sign Up