Title: Buyer / Planner
Location: Galway, Ireland
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for satisfying customer demand by producing, monitoring and driving achievable production schedules based on demand, available capacity and resources. The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for management and supply of all tooling inventory while optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements. Work is performed within established professional standards and practices. Tasks are complex in nature where judgment is required to complete recurring assignments independently and to determine the best methods to follow to complete assignments. Builds internal and external relationships, with emphasis on those that facilitate the achievement of job/role accountabilities, such as relationships with key suppliers, customers etc.
• Manage the supply of materials necessary to meet production plan ensuring a high standard of customer service.
• Working closely with Operations, develop production plans to meet budget and forecast timelines.
• Qualify new suppliers.
• Manage Customer expectation through accurate commits.
• Work within a team where the ultimate goal is Customer Satisfaction while maintaining Inventory Goals.
• Review manufacturing production goals and plans accordingly. Analyse inputs (e.g., capacity, urgency of request, material availability, etc.) to help determine schedule.
• Analyse internal impact (e.g., line scheduling, procurement, logistics, shipping, etc.) of customer scheduling. Revise plans as required based on analysis of actual versus plan.
• Record retention co-ordination. Responsible for the co-ordination, tracking and storage of records relevant to the Department/Function.
• In-depth knowledge and adherence to, all local and Corporate policies and procedures relating to their role.
• Knowledge of a mechanical manufacturing environment.
• In depth knowledge of production planning fundamentals, scheduling, materials requirements planning techniques and manufacturing control systems.
• Strong Focus on Customer needs.
• Knowledge of procurement processes, inventory management and supplier management.
• Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated delivery of a variety of materials.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
• Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
Typical Experience / Education:
• The individual should preferably have 3+ years Buying/Planning experience.
• 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, IPICS or other equivalent is preferred.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.