Location: Waterford, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
PROFIL-NA is a PennEngineering® company. PROFIL is a well-established global leader of in-die fasteners and fastening systems.
PROFIL engineers and manufactures mechanically attached and pierce fasteners, which are installed in stampings worldwide. PROFIL is a system supplier which includes the production fasteners, feeding equipment, and installation tooling. The team focuses on engineering solutions for end users’ fastening requirements in the automotive and transportation industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Buyer in the Metro Detroit area. This position will report to our US operations based in Waterford, MI.
Purchases supplies and materials needed for the manufacturing facility and office requirements. This position requires being familiar with the needs of the manufacturing facility, researching competitive pricing, confirming on-time delivery, confirming delivery of materials and preparing purchase orders.
• Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests
• Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers; and recommend suppliers according to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
• Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine what material is on hand and if it is in sufficient quantity
• Consults with suppliers to obtain pricing and specifications
• Creates purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request
• Maintains records of items purchased, prices, deliveries, and inventories
• Follow through on expected delivery dates and confirm receipt of goods
• Executes service agreements, contracts, purchase agreements, letter contracts and purchase orders with suppliers including but not limited to office, cleaning supplies, uniforms and office janitorial service)
• Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment
• Gives Tooling Specialist information such as manufacturer number, lot number, special notes or other related identification codes to properly warehouse or stock
• Authorizes exchanged or refunded merchandise
• Process Owner responsibilities as stated within the IATF 16949 Standard
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of procurement experience in a manufacturing/installation environment
• Ability to organize, plan, and perform multiple projects and meet deadlines with excellent quality and service
• Strong computer skills in MS Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), MRP database programs (JDE)
• Solid verbal and written communication skills including professional phone etiquette
• Strong computer skills in MS Office products, ERP database programs
• Detail oriented
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.