Title: CNC Operator/Programmer – Night Shift
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Program, setup, retool, and operate assigned 7-axis Swiss CNC lathes.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area and follows all safety rules and procedures.
• Write programs for all PennEngineering® product part families using Mitsubishi (G) codes and (M) codes.
• Use correct feed, rpm and tooling locations to optimize machine cycle times.
• Uses data collection programs, Microsoft Office and other programs as required.
• Upload and down load programs into Mitsubishi controller.
• Insert correct tooling, setup machine, and adjust tool offsets for each position.
• As inspection of parts indicate, retools machine and makes all necessary adjustments to insure machines are producing product within specification.
• Work from detailed machine part prints, layouts, machine manuals and specifications.
• Performs other duties as they relate to the Small Lot Shop. This may include creating work orders, maintaining records, sending product to heat treat or plating and coordinating activities with the sales or engineering departments.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Must be able to stand throughout an entire shift (8-12 hours)
• Visual acuity to read prints, micrometers, inspect small parts, and adjust tooling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in an air-conditioned/non air-conditioned environment.
• Must be able to lift up to forty (40) lbs., ten (10) times throughout an entire shift.
• Occasional lifting up to seventy-five (75) lbs. may be necessary.
Education / Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• AAS or certification in Machining Technology preferred or equivalent years of experience.
• At least two years’ experience in the programming, setup and operation of 7-axis CNC.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• Must be able to work in an air conditioned well ventilated shop environment.
• Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hrs. per day.
• Do occasional lifting of up to 30 – 40 lbs., from floor to waist.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Tool & Die Makers Certificate or 15 Years (min) Tool Room Experience
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.
PennEngineering® Operational Following Fire at Pennsylvania Facility - December 14, 2018
The Distributor’s Link, Winter 2019 Issue “Self-Clinching Locknuts Hold Mating Screws Tight” - January 3, 2019
More News | Tradeshows
Issues | Sign Up