Title: Cold Forming Setup Operator – 2nd Shift (3:30PM – 11:30PM)
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Sets up and operates automatic cold forming machines that forge small parts from wire stock.
• Sets up and independently operates cold forming machines, & performs the job of Cold Former Operator in its entirety as assigned.
• Receives general direction from team leader and works from set up sheets, detailed machine parts drawings, machine manuals, specifications, tool charts and instruction, using a micrometer and vernier caliper.
• When necessary, trouble shoots, replaces worn and broken tooling & parts, diagnoses and repair machine malfunctions, re-sets tooling, gauges work, and makes all machine adjustments necessary to produce parts within specifications.
• Will assist lower classification operators as required.
• Obtain correct Set up sheet with drawings & specifications from Planning & Inventory Control Dept. Checks these with supervisor or set up person.
• Obtains from Cold Former Dept. Stores, correct machine tooling as called for on the set up sheet.
• Removes old set up tooling.
• Following set up sheets, installs new set up of machine tooling to operate automatic cold former machines at specified feeds and speeds, to produce good work to quality specifications.
• When necessary, removes old steel stock and installs new steel wire stock.
• Threads steel wire stock from coil through quill and cutter.
• Makes test runs of new pieces, inspects and verifies dimensions against drawing specifications and overlay comparators. Obtains verification of test results from fore-person.
• Observes automatic operation of cold former machine which pushes wire stock from cutter to die.
• Finger and inspects completed parts from every run to verify correct dimensions and profiles against drawing specifications and notifies foreperson and/or inspector if parts are fully outside of drawing tolerances. Diagnose and make adjustments to machine as necessary to produce good parts using his experience and knowledge to reduce the time machine is down and maximize productivity.
• Detects and reports faulty machine operation, defective material and equipment, drawing discrepancies, and other unusual conditions to foreperson.
• When wire stock is about to run out, stops machine before actual runout and installs new coil of wire stock following standard procedures.
• Must know how to replace worn or broken tools.
• Although Lead Person schedules maintenance, performs routine machine maintenance.
• Performs following oil changes per TPM schedule.
• Notifies material handler that a weigh up is needed and records weight on production card.
• Maintains workplace in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis, and performs a general machine and work area cleanup once a week.
• Keeps machine free of chips.
• Makes out time, production and quality reports as necessary.
• Collaborates with operators from other shifts and transmit and exchange information pertinent to the work at hand.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs. from floor level to waist, and waist to floor approximately 5 times per hour.
• Must be able to stand approximately 8 – 10 hrs./day.
• Manual dexterity.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Candidates that have experience operating/settting up National or Nakashimada Cold Heading Equipment and/or National, Sakamura, or Jern Yao Cold Forming equipment preferred.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.