Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
PROFIL-NA is a PennEngineering® company. PROFIL is a well-established global leader of in-die fasteners and fastening systems.
PROFIL engineers and manufactures mechanically attached and pierce fasteners, which are installed in stampings worldwide. PROFIL is a system supplier which includes the production fasteners, feeding equipment, and installation tooling. The team focuses on engineering solutions for end users’ fastening requirements in the automotive and transportation industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Accountant in the Metro Detroit area. This position will report to our US operations based in Waterford, MI.
Assists Director of Finance in computing and analyzing standard product costs and variances as well as prepares financial cost accounting statements, reports and budgets.
• Reviews complex bill of materials for new product standard cost update
• Review and approve accuracy of product structure and routing file before updating base, current and going-to cost
• Review daily engineering changes – review and evaluate cost implications of engineering changes to routing and/or product structure
• Review, analyze and report variances – daily, weekly and monthly review of purchase price, material usage, outside operation, labor price, labor usage and factory overhead efficiency variance
• Performs weekly and monthly financial closing activities which includes entering Std JEs; creating and rolling up all the required financial schedules (P&L, BS, Metrics), provides analysis and reporting as required.
• Analyze and Report Scrap
• Monitor work orders to ensure completed work orders are being closed and investigate work orders without activity.
• Prepare monthly contribution margin report.
• Manages the daily cycle counting of inventory and report out on monthly
• Assist with Annual budgeted labor and overhead calculation
• Assist in the preparation and execution of the year-end cost roll
• Assist with the annual audit requirements as needed
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or finance
• Minimum of five years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• Possess a good understanding of financial processes, policies, procedures and business applications in accordance with GAAP
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills related to Cost Accounting and Manufacturing processes
• Ability to organize, plan, and perform multiple projects and meet deadlines with excellent quality and service
• Extensive PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Mfg Software applications experience (MRP, JDE)
• Standard Cost Accounting System experience
• Demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as good judgment and sound reasoning in developing solutions to Cost Accounting problems, deviations and situations that arise from manufacturing, operations and activities
• General understanding of IT business practices, procedures, applications and systems
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.