Title: Desk Top Supervisor
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Primary responsibilities include local and remote end-user support as well as diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and system problems. The individual must have some Active Directory experience and a strong grasp of TCPIP, DHCP and DNS concepts. This person will also serve as the resident resource for a number of user applications.
• PC and printer configuration
• Create AD accounts and Exchange/Office 365 mailboxes
• Asset Management – own the PC leasing process including
• Manage Antivirus on desktop
• Manage Audio/Visual equipment
• Manage Kace ticketing system
• Staff meetings, as required.
• Be a functioning part of the IS Dept.
• Perform other duties, as required.
• Work hours per salaried employees.
Education / Qualifications
• Desired: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and work experience or Associates Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
• Comptia A+ Certification
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Professional, self-motivated individual with superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision, as well as, part of a team.
• Ability to apply technology to improve existing systems and architecture.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
• Willingness to perform additional duties as required
• Ability to lift and move computer equipment
• Visual Acuity.
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Air-conditioned environment.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.