Title: General Accountant
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
PennEngineering® Winston-Salem’s General Accountant is a self-starter who assists the Plant Controller in preparation of the location’s financial statements, budgets and various accounting analyses.
• Performs monthly General Accounting/Cost Accounting closing functions.
• Assists with fixed assets and capital expenditure process, inventory and cycle count system.
• Responsible for the preparation of various financial statements and internal audits.
• Develops and analyzes monthly general ledger and financial statements:
– Division Journal Entry & Account Analysis
– Sales & Mix Analysis – Including Bookings & Backlog Reporting
– Account Analyses of Prepaid, Accrued Miscellaneous, Deposits, CIP Spending, and Inventory Adjustments
– Outside Operations and Purchase Price Variance.
– Reconciles Accounts Payable Trial Balance and Accrued Accounts Payable to general ledger (future duty).
• Prepares all monthly journal entries involving commissions, travel expenses, Accounts Receivables, Corporate and Benefits.
• Assists in developing division’s annual plan for depreciation, commissions, and other corporate expenses.
• Assists division’s accounts payable:
– Vendor additions, changes
– Zero Invoicing
• Assists in managing and tracking division’s fixed assets and account for actual capital spending costs.
• Monthly Sales Reports:
– PennEngineering® Sales Report
– Booked/Billed (weekly and reconciliation to G/L)
• Responsible for various company metrics.
• Prepares other financial analyses and reports for quarterly and year-end audit requests by outside auditors.
• Assists Plant Controller on various projects as deemed necessary.
• Files Company’s NC Sales and Use Tax.
• Visual acuity to perform essential duties
• Able to work in an air-conditioned environment for an entire shift.
• Ability to travel for work as needed.
Education / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or degree relative to manufacturing processes.
• Must have a background in job costing. Demonstrated knowledge of expertise and work experience in Cost Accounting systems is required.
• Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
• Working knowledge of ERP systems is required. JDE/Oracle experience is a plus
• Must have excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and good skills in other Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to embrace and participate in all facets of the manufacturing plant
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.