Title: Global Quality Manager
Location: PA – Danboro
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position is responsible for leading and directing the Corporate Quality Control System. It requires a self-motivated individual that can work with customers and internal quality teams to address quality problems, manage improvement projects and collect, track and report metrics. This individual should be open minded of ideas and suggestions while being firm in presenting their own ideas when faced with difficult customers or internal stakeholders. Excellent communication skills and patience are required as well as a willingness to travel for face-to-face discussions as necessary often with minimal notice.
- Assists in the development of the Company’s overall strategic plan, defining department’s role in the business.
- Helps to set metrics and goals at the corporate level and to push down to the local levels.
Global Customer Complaints:
- Promptly address customer concerns and complaints that are elevated to the position.
- Deal with customer issues involving multiple international and domestic locations.
- Help lead cross-location issues, assign actions and follow-up with various teams to quickly get to a resolution acceptable to the customer.
- Work with the suppliers of PennEngineering to address externally generated issues.
- Help as needed with resolving difficult customer situations.
- Recommend long term solutions to avoid re-occurrence of problems.
- Recognize and deal with possible proliferation of the problem with other customers and understand when a recall may be necessary and the implications there-of.
Drive Quality Projects and Procedures:
- Identify areas needing projects to drive metrics.
- Run cross-location projects, assign actions and follow-up with various teams to run projects.
- Listen to cross-location input and incorporate suggestions or when necessary firmly implement alternatives.
- Identify processes needing global procedures and collecting global input to write said procedures. Then getting global support in implementing the procedures.
- Ensure that global quality procedures are being adhered all locations.
- Ensure continuity in the quality manual and procedures from a global and a local level.
Collect, track and report metrics:
- Work with all quality functions to collect metrics
- Track the data and understand the underlying information well enough to analyze it in various manners to push relevant project to improve our quality.
- Globally share the metrics in clear and well-written reports.
- Lead global meetings intended to track and improve metrics.
Auditing and certifications:
- Act as an internal auditor to any location.
- Act as the company corporate representative as needed for external audits.
- Consult and advise in preparation of internal and external audits.
- Be a point of contact for quality related certifications.
- Stay abreast of quality best-practices.
- Stay current on the certifications and standards applicable to PennEngineering.
- Be approachable for use as reference for all locations quality departments.
- Communicate with all levels of management.
- Train groups of people in new standards, certifications, processes and practices.
- Travel approximately 15-30% (domestic and abroad) to support local quality and global customers and suppliers.
- Serve as a role model to the organization with respect to management style, communications, teamwork, work ethic, etc.
- Establishes an environment which fosters continuous improvement in all aspects of department.
- Can direct the utilization of statistically designed experiments and process capability analyses to ensure production of product meets quality specifications and standards.
- Coordinates the disposition of non-conforming material and is the final arbitrator of MRB findings.
- Maintains membership in various quality societies to keep informed of the latest quality methods and procedures.
- Performs any other duties as pertains to quality on an as needed basis.
- Visual acuity for detailed work.
- Must be able to work in an air-conditioned office environment or machine shop environment as necessary for an eight hour shift plus reasonable overtime as required.
- Able to travel by air in the US and abroad.
Education / Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of Quality Management experience, preferably in manufacturing environment and working with international companies.
- Knowledge of AS9100, IS9100 and other quality standards.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, Root Cause Analysis, and other problem solving methods.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Excel and Mini-tab software required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience delivering presentations to small or large groups.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.