Title: Global Sustainability and Compliance Manager
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Along with Global VP of Quality, the Global Sustainability and Compliance Manager will audit PennEngineering® plants to compliance for regulatory oversight and certifications [EX: REACH, ISO, ASTM, UL, etc.] They will review new customer/supplier requirements with legal counsel and VP of Global Quality to establish responses and direction, creating and maintaining the customer specific requirements database for use by all plants.
• Possess a clear understanding of existing and developing global restricted substances regulations including European Union RoHS, European Union REACH, European Union WEEE, China RoHS, and US Conflict Minerals, Proposition 65 and Montreal Protocol and others related to PennEngineering’s industry.
• Participate in major product launches and change management reviews.
• Establish new directions as deemed necessary after a short period in the role, in tandem with CCO, VP of Global Quality and Global VP for Commercial/Marketing.
• Performs compliance reviews when regulations change and coordinates due diligence with all PennEngineering manufacturing locations.
• Maintains due diligence records (e.g. supplier compliance).
• Understands PennEngineering’s manufacturing process related to Environmental Legislation and Government Compliance.
• Maintains basic technical knowledge of PennEngineering’s products.
• Coordinates updates for company statements and web tools.
• Maintains internal resources to determine product compliancy.
• Responds to internal and external customer requests for compliance documentation, which includes, however is not limited to:
a. Web request forms
b. Customer defined forms
e. Customer portals
i. Maintains list of logins and passwords
ii. Enters data into customer portals
f. Material Declarations
• IMDS Entry.
• Coordinates responses with respective departments to various customer survey requests.
• Collaborates with internal departments and external customers to develop positive and proactive approaches to regulatory compliance and global initiatives.
• Researches and coordinates responses in regards to customer defined environmental and compliance policies.
• Stays current with substances used in the manufacturing process.
• Special projects as required.
Experience / Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree or commiserate experience.
• Managed compliance in an industrial, automotive or medical device manufacturing company relating to:
a. Governmental regulations [EX: Prop 65, REACH, RoHS
b. ISO and IATF regulations
c. UL and other related certifications [EX: ASTM, ISO, AIAG (CQI)]
• Minimum 2 years in the above role.
• Experience with a multi-site manufacturer or distributor.
• Understanding of platform mediums [EX: Box, Google for Work, CEBOS, etc.]
• Ability to create spreadsheets and pivot tables in excel.
• Ability to work in Survey Monkey for feedback loop creation.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with sales, operations and quality organizations.
Preferred but not Required::
• Certified auditor for ISO or other governing body in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.