Title: Haeger / Pemserter Service Tech
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
The position covers a split role:
1. Builds all models of Haeger and Pemserter® machines, tooling and components utilizing skills and experience in hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic assembly.
2. Provides technical service support to the customer and distributor via telephone and field service as required.
• Performs the job of Haeger / PEMSERTER Service Technician in its entirety with a minimum of supervision.
• Follows prints, schematics, instructions, etc. and assembles machines according to the drawings and bill of material supplied.
• Exercises good judgment, accuracy, and efficiency in assembling all Haeger and Pemserter® products.
• Tests all components, both individually, as well as the total assembly, for proper and standard functions, as specified.
• Assembles all levels of sub-assembly work, when necessary.
• Travel to customer locations to perform installations and service calls on Haeger and Pemserter products when needed.
• Follows company Service policies in the execution of duties. .
• Exercise independent judgment and creativity in solving customer technical problems
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism in servicing customers with respect, thoroughness, tact, and diplomacy.
• Generates documentation to internal and external technical and sales staff on service updates, product availability and technical services available. Also, provides training to the Haeger / PEMSERTER® Distributors and Representatives as required.
• Estimates repair costs for machines and tooling and quotes the customer accordingly.
Specific Job Duties:
• Makes out time sheets and other reports, as necessary.
• Observes all safety regulations in the performance of all duties.
• Detects and reports faulty machine operation, defective material and workmanship in parts and component drawings, bill of material discrepancies, parts shortages, and other unusual conditions to either the Lead Person or Foreman.
• Confers with the department supervision and Engineering, as necessary, resolving questions and other operating or assembly issues.
• Maintains workplace area in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis.
• Collaborates with other assemblers and department personnel to transmit and exchange information pertinent to work at hand.
• Services Haeger and PEMSERTER® Products by trouble shooting over the phone. Travels to customer sites when phone troubleshooting is inappropriate or cannot be achieved.
• Conducts in-house and field training for representatives and customers as required
• Creates instruction sheets for customers and distributors so they may conduct their own in-house repairs.
• Updates manuals and technical instructions and literature for all products.
• Documents feedback from the customer visits for Management’s and Engineering’s consideration
• Assembles production machines, subassemblies and tooling
• This position requires excellent verbal communication skills, writing skills, and professional presentation skills. Must have extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
• This position also requires excellent analytical and listening skills required for troubleshooting.
• This position requires travel to customer locations for installations and repairs. Must be able to travel by air and/or car to customer locations.
• Computer literacy is required.
• Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
• Must possess good planning and organizational skills.
• Two year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Equivalent work experience with knowledge will be considered.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years as a field service technician is required.
• Visual acuity for detailed work
• Ability to distinguish the standard color scheme
• Must have the ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
• Ability to work in an air conditioned and un-air conditioned environment for long periods of time.
• Must be able to travel by air and train.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.