Title: Header Operator
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Sets up and operate single or a multiple station die forming machine, thread roller (stand alone or integrated on former), perform dimensional inspection on tooling and formed product, and perform SPC zone control on all processes by performing the following duties.
• Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
• Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
• Position dies, transfers fingers, thread dies into the machine against stops and/or align tooling to specified positions.
• Make the necessary machine adjustments to form the product within specification and problem solves the situation to determine corrective action if needed.
• Operate all machines as required to manufacture the product to specified tolerances.
• Observes machine operation to detect a work piece defect or machine malfunction with the uses of integrated load monitors and SPC zone control techniques.
• Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
• Help integrate tooling with the assistance of the engineer.
• Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling some machines, changing dies, or replacing light machine component.
• Perform research and development tasks to develop new cold form products
• Set up machines, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished the product with Hi Lo. Weigh out and tag formed the product.
• Perform the necessary safety requirements to avoid injury to self and fellow employees.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of cold heading equipment and manufacturing processes
• The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and to write simple correspondence.
• Ability too effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Regularly requires to stand or sit
• Frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach
• Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.