Title: Heat Treat Operator – 2nd Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
The Heat Treat Operator will be required to load/unload a continuous belt furnace, batch furnace, and vacuum furnaces. The operator will be required to do daily checks to include furnace controls, atmosphere and hardness. Ability to work unsupervised and multi task as needed.
General Job Duries:
• Under supervision, performs the job of heat treat furnace operator as assigned.
• Receives supervision and directions from team leader and works from standard instructions.
• Very precisely, follow all safety procedures at all times while operating heat treat equipment.
• Will test hardness of parts resulting from heat treating which must conform to standard Rockwell hardness specifications for the specific parts treated.
• Able to utilize his/her time to improve productivity in case of furnace equipment failure.
Specific Job Duties:
• From standard operating procedures and under supervision, sets temperature and time cycle controls of furnaces.
• Verify pan’s I.D. tags for correct parts and count, stage or transport parts to furnace area by hand cart or hand carry, loads parts into hopper, data entry into the computer and select recipe, loads parts into the furnace. During cycle, checks constancy of correct heat treating parameters.
• Checks parts as quenched-hardness after wash operation and as tempered-hardness after draw operation.
• Stage parts for next operation or to MRB hold area.
• Solution heat treat Aluminum parts, dries and hardness tests those parts after age cycle.
Other Job Duties:
• During the furnace operating cycle and under supervision, carefully observes, reads, understands and interprets all temperature instrumentation and meters to be certain the system is performing properly and according to spec.
• Change thermocouples as needed.
• Detects and reports immediately furnace and computer system malfunctions, faulty instrumentations, defective parts, material, equipment, and other unusual problems or conditions to Team Leader.
• May assist Maintenance Dept. or outside repair service in making repairs on furnaces or support equipment.
• Moves pans of parts to and from furnaces making sure not to mix parts.
• Maintains workplace area in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis and performs a general department cleanup once a week.
• Makes out time, production, and quality reports as necessary.
• Collaborates with operators from other shifts to transmit and exchange information pertinent to work at hand.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Must be able to lift approximately eighty (80) lbs. from floor to waist and waist to floor.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up 10 hrs.).
• Ability to work for a minimum of ten (10) hours in an unair-conditioned manufacturing environment.
• Candidates must be able to work daily and weekend overtime hours.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.