Title: Machine Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position repairs and rebuilds manufacturing machines and also provides mechanical, electrical and technical support and repairs to all areas of the facility. The responsibilities include working or training in a safe manner, effectively and efficiently completes all work orders assigned and provides input and ideas to improve our current processes/operations.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems related to the production equipment. As a team member or independently, as required, diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical machinery problems.
• Create and maintain a safe work environment; repair and/or report non-conformances to company safety policies and guidelines.
• Follows guidance and directives, verbal and/or written, provided by the Team Leader.
• Ability to work with machinery drawings and specifications, electrical schematics, machine manuals or other forms of assembled data.
• Performs daily responsibilities in coordination with company and departmental work instructions.
• Fabricates needed components as needed.
• Demonstrates proficiencies in pneumatics, hydraulics, PLC, electrical controls, AC/DC drive motors, machine component clearances / fits and an overall understanding machine operation and function.
• Maintains an active inventory of spare parts to maximize machine efficiency while minimizing costs.
• Completes preventative machine maintenance as assigned.
• Professionally communicates / collaborates with all team members and machine set up operators to improve the overall operation of the manufacturing areas.
• Demonstrates safe and efficient operating skills of machine shop equipment, such as milling machine, surface grinder, lathes, etc.
• Demonstrates safe and efficient operating skills of fabricating equipment, such as welders, grinders, torches, etc.
• Organizes and maintains tools, equipment and work area to efficiently and effectively repair shopfloor equipment.
• Maintains accurate records of equipment repairs.
• Provides positive approach to problem solving to minimize machine downtime and prevent reoccurrence.
• Must be willing to improve job knowledge through education and training.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Communicates with Team Leader and/or Supervisor regularly.
• Completes internal / external work orders safely and effectively.
• Set up or operate machines, where necessary.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Ability to work for a minimum of eight (8) hours in an air-conditioned and/or an non-air conditioned well ventilated shop environment.
• Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment, where required, for the duration of the shift.
• Must be able to work 10 hours/day when required.
• Must be agreeable to work unscheduled shifts as needed to support production.
• Must be able to lift 60 lbs. five (5) times throughout an eight (8) hour shift.
• Must be able to sit, bend, lean forward or stretch as needed to perform maintenance repairs.
• Ability to work with non-hazardous materials, such as oils or solvents for prolonged periods of time.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED with 5+ years of related experience in machine maintenance.
• Experience troubleshooting PLCs.
• Experience working with Hydraulics, motors and pumps.
• Fabrications experience preferred.
• Strong mechanical skills and aptitude.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints or data.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• An understanding and/or working knowledge of the machines and equipment within the manufacturing areas.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.