Title:Manager – Information Systems
Location: Galway, Ireland
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
The Information Systems (IS) Manager has overall responsibility for maintaining and supporting the provision of network, hardware and voice services at Penn Engineering, Galway. Managing local support of Penn’s ERP system, (JD Edwards), as well as the administration & development of Business Intelligence solutions, are key elements of this role. Regular liaison with Corporate IS to ensure adherence to corporate IS guidelines and consistency of operations is required, as is the ability to effectively lead a small team.
• Network: Deploy and maintain site network infrastructure to ensure performance and reliability for local LANs, Internet, and corporate WAN connectivity.
• Infrastructure – Ensure the continuous operation of all the company’s critical networks, hardware, and phone systems and to provide IT support to remote staff working in Europe
• Work with local finance team to plan and ensure adherence to budgetary requirements.
• Involvement in a variety of projects and project roles, ranging from global to across every level of the organization in Galway
• Communication: Ensure regular and ongoing communication with employees, managers and Corporate IS as regarding issues and activities relating to systems operations.
• Maintain an accurate and up to date IT Asset Management register
• Vendors: Evaluate and select products and vendors to provide quality goods and best in class services related to site systems operations.
• Manage, mentor and develop the IT team to ensure that their contribution to the overall running of the business at Penn is optimized.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A college degree in a computer discipline.
• At least two years experience in a hands-on managerial position, preferably within a manufacturing environment, including day-to-day IT operational management and delivery combined with defining and implementing strategy – covering infrastructure, Systems, Networks, Cloud Services, Data and IT operations
• Prior experience of managing a team of IT professionals is essential.
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence systems would be a distinct advantage, e.g. Diver, Qlikview, Tableau
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and complete fluency in the English language is a requirement
• Be able to demonstrate interpersonal, planning, documentation, organization, and problem-solving skills
• Have the ability to act independently and engage with internal and external personnel/services to ensure reliable system operations
• A proved track record in working within manufacturing to a high degree of accuracy is essential, including JD Edwards or equivalent and related production support systems.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.