Title: Material Handler, 8am to 4:30pm
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
The main function of this position is to provide support to local production departments and operators. Support activities include placing bags of product in boxes, assists with loading machines, using an electric pallet jack to move product to various locations in the plant and skidding bins and baskets to be moved throughout the plant. This position hand lifts multiple containers, weighing as much as 50 pounds, to assist in loading machines multiple times per hour. Supports production by running machines during operator downtime and shift changes.
• Safely moves product in an efficient manner to various locations throughout the plant utilizing an electric power jack or hand pallet jack.
• Safely lifts containers from one skid to another.
• Safely assists in monitoring machines to maximize through put.
• Reads router to ensure proper identification and delivery of product.
• Read and follow directions from INCR report and work instructions.
• Safely unwrap and break down skids to keep product flowing.
• Collects skids, baskets and bins and delivers to required areas as needed.
• Work with team members to meet customer demand.
• Supports team activities to ensure maximum efficiency in a least costly manner.
• Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities including making suggestions to assist team in meeting goals related to quality, cost and delivery.
• Observes all safety regulations in the performance of all duties.
• Communicates stock levels and needs of packaging supplies.
• Communicates verbally to team leaders and other employees to discuss job related issues and process improvements.
• Assembles boxes for use in the automated inspection department.
• Operates elevator to assist in movement of product.
• Assists in daily 6S activities including cleanliness of machines and shop floor.
• Uses computer to help arrange workload into a priority queue.
• Moves scrap barrels with electric power jack to designated areas.
• Removes department scrap from machines into scrap barrels.
• Identifies and removes damaged bins, baskets, skids and other containers.
• Provides support to other areas to keep product flowing and maximizing operator efficiency.
• Runs wax operation to coat parts and operates shaker.
• Occasional fork lift duties
• Performs other tasks as required.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.from floor to waist-waist to floor, up to 30 times per hour.
• Must be able to work in an unair-conditioned and air-conditioned environment.
• Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours or more per day.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 30 lbs. from waist to shoulder height up to 25 times per hour.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience utilizing an electric pallet jack.
• Able to work well with people in a team environment.
• Read and understand procedures and work instructions.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.