Title: Material / Metallurgical Engineer
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position responsible for investigating quality and process issues. Developing material related specifications for products. This position will be a resource to all parts of the business to solve manufacturing & product related issues, develop policy and procedures, help to educate the company on product, process or materials related issues. This individual will take the lead on projects to research, develop, implement, change, or stop various processes or products. This individual may serve on other people’s projects as a subject matter expert.
• Provide support to manufacturing on material related issues in our manufacturing, heat treat, passivation, and plating processes.
• Utilize experience, training, and creativity to select new and innovative manufacturing processes. These new processes must enhance our overall productivity, quality, and contribute to our continuous improvement program.
• Combines experience and training with a review of industry development and makes suggestions of ways to improve our business.
• Keeps informed regarding new development in the fastener manufacturing industry and their field in order to serve as an informed consultant to management regarding process changes, system changes, equipment changes, and plant expansions.
• Develops projects for new capabilities as the need may arise. Works with the Product Development team to integrate new materials into product offerings.
• Recommend, assign, and direct the qualified personnel necessary to work on any advanced project.
• Exercise project management skills and should be able to interface between all the disciplines within the organization. This individual must be skilled in project management and with the support of our existing staff, he/she should be able to recognize our needs, develop a concept, design and plan the project, and bring it to fruition within the desired time table.
• Promote the technical aspects of PennEngineering.
• Write internal specifications and definitions relative to their field.
• Interpret industry specification relative to their field.
• Work with the customer and/or plants in any quality issues in their field.
• Undertakes research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
• Works in production environment to support manufacturing team to solve problem related to their field.
• Review customer requirements for alignment with current capabilities and/or determine gaps in our capabilities; then developing and implementing a plan to address those gaps.
• Capability and understanding of related measurement and analysis techniques.
• Communicate with all levels of management.
• Train groups of people in new technologies, processes and products.
• Document work clearly.
• Travel up to 20% domestically and internationally to support the job function.
• Must be able to use testing tools as required.
• Must be able to use a PC or laptop.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned office environment or machine shop environment as necessary for an eight hour shift.
• Able to travel by air in the US and abroad.
Education / Qualifications:
• BS in Materials/Metallurgical Engineering or another related engineering/technical disciple.
• Experience working with alloy steels.
• Strong knowledge of Heat Treat and Plating processes.
• A familiarity with computers and a working knowledge of software programs for spread sheets, word processing, and data base management is also a necessity.
• Knowledge of AIAG preferred.
• Proficient with Solid Modeling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience delivering presentations to small or large groups.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.