Title: New Product Development Engineer (Graduate)
Location: Galway, Ireland
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position requires a self-motivated individual that can conceptualize new ways to solve fastening problems for our customers. Responsibilities include all activities associated with the design and development of new products. In addition, must be able to accept input for a new product from any internal or external source.
• Develop the description, design, cost and schedule for a new or modified product for presentation to the NPD Steering Committee.
• Carry out all design and development tasks necessary to bring a new product to market.
• Coordinate all development activities with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Finance, PEMSERTER® and Marketing.
• Develop the testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
• Communicate and work with all members of the New Product Development team: both Engineering and Marketing.
• Design of product using acceptable good engineering practices including thorough documentation and following procedures required by our quality department.
• Create and follow a schedule to evaluate and develop a new product.
• Design creative new solutions to problems presented by customers or the marketing department.
• Undertakes investigative programs (teardowns) on customer product
• Supports design activity for key customers with calls and visits as necessary
• Assist Applications Engineering in quoting activities
• Promote the technical aspects of PennEngineering.
• Undertakes research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
• Communicate with all levels of management.
• Train groups of people in new technologies, processes and products.
• Update intranet website using basic HTML with project data.
• Travel up to 20% to support product development, new releases, visit customers and suppliers.
• Must be able to use testing tools as required
• Must be able to use a PC or laptop
• Visual acuity for detailed work
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned office environment or machine shop environment as necessary for an eight hour shift
• Able to travel by air in the US and abroad
Education / Qualifications:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering.
• Recommended experience 0-3 years. Graduate level or research-focused education may substitute for engineering experience.
• Proficient with Solid Modeling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience delivering presentations to small or large groups
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.