Title: Payroll Clerk / Receptionist
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position is responsible for all functions related to time and attendance recordkeeping for the Winston-Salem site; this includes the generation of weekly payroll hours. In addition, this position performs all receptionist duties.
Essential Functions (Payroll Clerk):
• Performs job of Payroll Clerk with minimum supervision.
• Follows company policies and procedures in execution of duties maintaining confidentiality of employee and payroll information.
• Verifies that hours are correct. Effectively communicates with appropriate personnel to make any necessary corrections regarding hours entered for employees.
• Maintains accurate records of all employees’ paid time off
• Maintains accurate records of all employees’ tardies and absences. Prepares corrective actions for supervisors to issue to employees based on said tardies and absences records.
Essential Functions (Receptionist):
• Answers switchboard and greets visitors in a professional and courteous manner
• Directs calls or takes messages as instructed
• Performs as back up for other office staff members during their absence.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Must be able to sit throughout an 8-hour shift.
• Must be able to bend forward, stretching forward as needed.
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned environment throughout an entire shift.
• Visual acuity to work on a computer
Education / Qualifications:
• High School diploma required
• Previous payroll experience is helpful but not required
• At least 3 years of customer service experience; particularly in a high-volume call center
• Previous experience as a receptionist is helpful but not required
• Ability to maintain an extremely high degree of accuracy and thoroughness in performance of duties.
• Above average PC and Microsoft Office skills;
• Ability to operate miscellaneous office equipment (copier, fax, etc.)
• Ability to form positive working relationships in order to execute duties effectively.
• Effective communication skills are required.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.