1St Shift (7:00AM – 3:30PM)
2nd Shift (3:30PM – 12:00AM)
- This position provides the safe operation of an automatic plating line. Loads and unloads product from the plating line and dryers. Safely utilizes an electric pallet jack and hoist to move product. Safely handles spill response and properly handles hazardous waste. Follows established procedures and processes to ensure parts are produced to meet requirements. The focus of this position is to maintain a steady flow of product through this functional area with high regard to safety and quality.
- Works safely in all aspects of operations and in all areas of responsibility.
- Adheres to Company Safety Policies and Programs such as Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Incident/Injury Reporting and Hazard Communication and Labeling.
- Supports the Environmental Policy and Environmental Management System.
- Operates a multi-tank-computerized machine to plate product.
- Employee must learn correct procedures for preparation and approval of manifest and land disposal forms and DOT procedures for shipment of hazardous waste as well as spill response training.
- Safely handles spill response and properly handles hazardous waste.
- Independently performs the job of plating operator in its entirety as assigned.
- Efficiently and effectively runs the plating process to engineering specifications through utilizing one or a combination of the following: procedures, manual, work instructions, router, and written instructions.
- Loads and unloads product from the plating line and dryers.
- Performs inspection of finished product per control plan including visual inspection and product gaging.
- Safely utilizes an electric pallet jack and hoist to move product.
- Responsible for proper labeling and identification of chemicals, waste, hazards and product.
- Communicate production status and issues with other operators, supervision and maintenance through face to face meetings and email.
- Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to assist team and plant in meeting goals including Dynamite Idea program, reporting near misses and 6S.
- Wears proper PPE while performing tank maintenance such as tank additions, new tank makeup, tank discharge and tank clean outs.
- Maintains equipment and a clean, organized work area following 6S principles.
- Operates x-ray machine to measure plating thickness.
- Performs daily preventive maintenance.
- Performs adhesion testing on product.
- Pulls and labels samples of product as needed for process validations.
- Move chemical drums utilizing appropriate equipment.
- Segregate, document and control non-conforming product.
- Logs on and off time and attendance system properly
- Collects chemical samples for lab analysis. Analyzes samples and makes additions to tanks to maintain tank parameters within operating specifications.
- Organize and process work based on the due date, emails and other communication.
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. for continued periods during a given shift.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to twelve 12 hours).
- Must be able to work in a non-air-conditioned manufacturing environment for up to 12 hours per shift.
- Must be able to work with chemicals associated with the plating process.
- Visual acuity.
- Clear communication skills.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have experience working with computers.
To apply, please email your résumé and cover letter to [email protected].