Title: Product Designer
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Create CAD designs necessary to fulfill customer (internal/external) needs with minimum supervision. Requires utilizing advanced CAD 3D drafting / modeling systems. Administrating, organizing, and updating CAD systems and data / information.
• Work with internal and external customers to design, to develop and update mechanical systems employed in the metal forming industry
• Creates detailed CAD designs by elaborating upon rough conceptual sketches, customer requirements/specifications, and verbal instructions.
• Apply knowledge of the automotive industry to be used in achieving cost savings, reliability improvements, and in creating new product offerings
• Requires familiarity with the basic principles of mechanical engineering theory
• Utilize FEA software to optimize designs
• Provide general layouts or working drawings for installation systems.
• Makes engineering changes on both customer and internal drawings.
• Completes Engineering Work Orders
• Create, check and correct CAD designs. Create final detail drawings for release to manufacturing
• Checks team members finished drawings for accuracy.
• Maintains CAD systems and CAD records (files, etc.).
• Stays up-to-date with latest CAD systems and software tools.
• Travels to customer locations and other divisions of the company.
Education and Experience Required:
• Associates degree in Engineering or equivalent gained through directly related experience.
• Minimum 5+ years experience in mechanical design and development or applications development
• Product development and machine design experience
• Hands on experience working on industrial machines
• Must have 3D CAD design experience Solidworks and UG
• Experience in the automotive industry and automation equipment.
• Strong interpersonal and computer skills.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.