Title: Project Engineer
Location: Toms River, New Jersey
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position requires a self-motivated individual that would be responsible for various engineering assignments starting from the basic ideas and carrying them through to completion of plans or prototypes.
• Develop a new product model or investigate the benefits of a new process along with analyzing and interpreting engineering data submitted for new products and components and/or modifications affecting standard products.
• Responsible for projects from conception to production as well as delivery to customers.
• Design and/or coordinate design of new products which are determined necessary for the growth of the company using computer-aided design. This includes preparation of preliminary layout drawings, design drawings, establishment of specifications and standards, necessary detail drawings and bills of material.
• Design tools which include all equipment necessary to assemble and package product.
• Interact with customers, regulatory agencies (i.e., UL, CSA, NEMA, etc.) and internal departments in order to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Responsible for correctness of detail drawings needed to produce the tool and communication with the tool builder.
• Check drawings and designs as well as mentoring lower level Engineering personnel.
•Conduct analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop designs for products. Analyze research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal. Perform tolerance studies on part and tool designs.
• Plan and develop experimental test programs.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
• Provide technical information for the procurement of special materials and the placing (through Purchasing) of any orders for required standard equipment.
• Design new products and update existing products to customer specifications.
• Provide technical support for the Sales department with the direct interaction between the customer and the Engineering department.
• Communicate with all levels of employees and customers.
• Some travel may be required to visit customers and suppliers.
• Must be able to use a PC or laptop
• Visual acuity for detailed work
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned office environment or machine shop environment as necessary for an eight hour shift
Education / Qualifications:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering.
• Recommended experience 2-5 years.
• Proficient with CREO (Pro/E) and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.