Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This Quality Engineer provides assistance to all departments in improving their processes through the use of quality assurance practices, including statistical techniques. Manage and conduct customer complaint activities including recording complaint, providing response to customer, analyze history for trends and recommend projects and process improvements to reduce customer complaints. Participate as a key person on management improvement teams to reduce customer complaints and internal non-conformances. Interact with suppliers, customers, external and internal agencies to assure customer satisfaction.
• Provide support and guidance to company management towards implementation, maintenance and improvement of Quality Management System (QMS). Plan and conduct audits of the QMS as well as maintain and improve existing Quality System Audit processes.
• Manage and conduct customer complaint activities including recording complaints, responding to customer complaints and verifying corrective action addresses root cause or protects the customer from further recurrence. Examine costumer complaints for projects and process improvements.
• Provide key support to the implementation and maintenance of ISO9001, IATF16949 and customer specific quality systems.
• Coordinate the process for customer documentation including PPAP, First Article Inspection, capability studies or other customer specified tests and reports.
• Participate as a key member to the Quality Improvement Board (QIB) and other management improvement teams to increase customer satisfaction, reduce the internal cost of quality and increase supplier quality performance. Leads and provides guidance to project teams in addition to supplying data for improvement projects.
• Represent the Company to customers and suppliers on quality matters including customer audits, certification audits, customer surveys, corrective action and periodic visits.
• Identify areas of waste and propose solutions to decreasing or eliminating the waste.
• Provide appropriate training in the understanding and application of quality assurance principles, including statistical methods and problem solving techniques, to company personnel.
• Disposition non-conforming product to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained while understanding implications to the financials of the business.
• Assist Company Management in promoting an atmosphere that fosters employee involvement, team work, the understanding that quality is everyone’s responsibility.
• Travel to suppliers, customers and other Penn Engineering locations as needed.
• Read and understand part prints
• Read, understand and apply quality standards that are required to meet customer commitments.
• Keeps work area organized and clean at all times.
• Observe all safety regulations in all duties.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Visual acuity to see defects in small fastener parts.
• Ability to enter information into database with high accuracy.
• Manual dexterity in order to handle small parts(less than ¼ inch in size) while inspecting them.
• Ability to use standard mechanical inspection instruments.
• Must be able to work in an unair-conditioned, well ventilated and/or air conditioned shop environment.
Education / Qualifications:
• Four year college degree is preferred, preferably in appropriate engineering or other technical curriculum or related progressive experience in Quality/Engineering. Some education in statistics is desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and math skills are necessary.
• Computer skills are required, particularly the ability to use Microsoft Office products, and Data Collection Programs including Statistical Process Control programs. Minitab experience a plus
• Good knowledge of statistics as it is used in the Quality Assurance field is necessary including problem solving tools and design of experiments.
• Member of the American Society for Quality, certification as a Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor or Quality Manager is desirable.
• ISO9001 and IATF16949 experience and knowledge or alternative quality system requirements.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.