Title: Quality Technician B – 2nd Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Perform fastener testing and evaluation for standard, special and new products including Aviation, Space and Defense (ASD) product. Perform sectioning, mounting, grinding and polishing of parts for micro-hardness testing and cross-sectional analysis. Communicate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Customer Service Teams for product testing, inspection and evaluation. Documents results, maintain a high level of accuracy and neatness while meeting productivity goals.
• Performs fastener inspection and testing for standard, special, and new products of PEM and Atlas brands. Performance testing of product involves fastener installation and panel preparation. Performance testing consists primarily of compression, tensile and torque tests which include but are not limited to push-out, pull-thru, pull-out, torque-thru and torque-out.
• Performs ASD lot acceptance and qualification testing including axial tensile, locking torque, wrench torque, permanent set and conditioning tests at temperature.
• Prepare test panels, sheets, and brackets as required. Includes punching, drilling or reaming mounting holes. Rolling material to required thickness and or hardness.
• Performs tooling inspection and updates data base.
• Communicates and works effectively with members from all areas throughout the corporation. Provides technical assistance when necessary or called upon. Acts as the group resource for technical assistance by making recommendations, assisting with equipment set-up or use, and offering advice on testing results or criteria.
• Maintain a very high level of quality through all activities with the ability to multi-task and handle interruptions with minimal impact on productivity.
• Read, understand, and follow various installation and testing methods including PEM® Fastener Test Specifications (FTS), Military Specifications, and ASTM Specifications and follow evaluation methods, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), drawings and related instructions.
• Performs metallographic preparation and examination of product, tooling, coatings, heat treatment, and material. Metallographic techniques include sample mounting, sectioning, grinding and polishing, micro-hardness, photographing, material etching, and microscopic examination.
• Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Prioritizes workload with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to assist team in meeting goals related to quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale (QCDSM).
• Works with minimal supervision to independently perform the job of a Quality Technician B in its entirety as assigned.
• Set up, program and operate testing and metallographic equipment.
• Promotes continuous improvement activities through all aspects of the job.
• Works as a team member on NPD, Engineering and special projects in various locations in the plant.
• Utilizes job knowledge to evaluate installations and test results.
• Prioritizes work load with current production system and lab requests.
• Read and understand written work instructions.
• Maintains acceptable inventory levels of testing supplies, tooling and other items.
• Moves product to various locations throughout the plant utilizing an electric power jack or hand pallet jack. Lifts containers to obtain samples of product for required testing or dimensional checks.
• Utilizes various software programs such as Excel, Access, Outlook, JDEdwards, Swift, PEM Intranet and other software programs.
• Completes router, inspection reports and Non-Conformance Report, as needed.
• Logs on and off time and attendance system properly.
• Keeps work area organized and clean at all times.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Visual acuity for detailed work and must be able to stand through an 8 hour shift.
• Must be able to maneuver and move bins, baskets and other containers on skids multiple times a day.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist and waist to floor multiple times a day.
• Must be able to work in an unair-conditioned, well ventilated and/or air conditioned shop environment.
Education / Qualifications
• High school diploma.
• Five years’ experience as inspector, test technician or equivalent.
• Good communication and math skills.
• Computer skills – Excel, Access, Outlook
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.
Issues | Sign Up