Title: Rotation Development Program
Location: Danboro, PA (various)
Reports To: Rotational Manager
Relocation Allowance: No
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join PennEngineering and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
The Rotation Development Program (RDP) for new college graduates, is a comprehensive program for those who have a passion for technology, technical excellence & share in PennEngineering’s values. It will accelerate the participants’ professional development through intense technical training & business-critical assignments. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, PennEngineering’s RDP is for you.
This 18 month, 3-assignment rotational program, provides the opportunity for participants to develop their engineering and professional skills as well as get a better understanding of their areas of interest and strengths. Typical assignments for mechanical engineers include maintenance, plant operations, production engineering, project engineering, and new product development. Global flexibility is a must as programs may take you anywhere in our Global footprint.
The Rotation Development Program includes the following foundational elements:
- On-the-job intensive training
- Multiple in-person immersions, focused on learning & development, networking and executive interactions
- One-on-one career & leadership coaching
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific job responsibilities will vary among program and rotation placement, but all participants should expect to:
- Learn about the relevant business or product line.
- Complete meaningful projects.
- Engage with managers and mentors to develop your skills.
- Participate in regular professional development opportunities including webinars and in-person immersions.
- Desire to learn and grow from a diverse set of experiences and people.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Engineering aptitude and passion for technology.
- Demonstrated strong technical and analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Creative problem solver, excited to begin a career in engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, professionalism, and desire to collaborate with others.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree program in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering from an ABET accredited university and graduating by June 2020.
- Preferred 3.0 GPA minimum.
- Willing to relocate for rotations in the PennEngineering Global footprint – relocation assistance is provided.
- At the time of accepting a verbal offer, candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to begin work full time for PennEngineering in the United States, on the agreed upon start date.
PennEngineering has enjoyed a sustained history as a global leader in the fastening industry since its founding in 1942. PEM®, the company’s leading brand has been recognized as the premier product in the thin sheet fastening industry for over 75 years. PennEngineering is the leading designer and manufacturer of fasteners for various industries, including electronics, industrial, aerospace & defense and automotive. It offers precision tooling for heading and screw machine operations; and tooling and machine part solutions for fastener and component manufacturers. PennEngineering is driven by a culture of teamwork, innovation, quality, integrity and caring for people.
PennEngineering is headquartered in Danboro, PA, but has several manufacturing facilities throughout the country and globally. The company has domestic manufacturing locations in Danboro, PA, Winston Salem, NC, Toms River, NJ and Waterford, MI, as well as international locations in Ireland, Germany and China. PennEngineering is supported by a global engineering-focused sales force and a worldwide network of authorized distributors.
For more information on PennEngineering, please visit www.pemnet.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at PennEngineering
PennEngineering is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.