Title: Screw Machine Operator Trainee – 2nd Shift
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Screw Machine Operator trainees will enter a progressive training program and learn to setup and operate multi-spindle screw machines.
• Operates assigned multiple spindle automatic screw machines to perform a limited range of rough and finish turning, facing, boring, drilling, reaming, tapping threading, forming, and similar machining operations. Performs the job of automatic screw machine operator with assistance, when required, from Team Leader, Troubleshooter, or Trainer/Mentor.
• Operates machines at correct feeds and speeds, following standard operating procedures, producing good pieces within acceptable quality control limits per drawings.
• Receives direction from Team Leader, Troubleshooter or Trainer/Mentor and works from detailed machine parts drawings, machine manuals, specifications, tool charts and instructions.
• As inspection of parts indicate, removes, sharpens, and resets tools, gauges work and makes machine adjustments as necessary. Sets up and assists in setup of the screw machine.
• Keeps bar stock holder (stock reel) full to prevent any run out of material and loss of productivity.
• Inspects and gauges parts per manufacturing procedures.
• Detects and reports faulty operations, defective material and equipment, drawing discrepancies and other unusual conditions to Team Leader, Troubleshooter or Trainer/Mentor.
• Maintains work place area in a neat and orderly condition and performs a general machine and work area cleanup daily.
• Oils and greases machine, replaces coolant, and replaces drills, taps or inserts as required.
• Keeps machine free of chips.
• Makes out time, production, and quality reports as necessary.
• Collaborates with operators from other shifts to transmit and exchange information pertinent to the work at hand.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Must be able to stand throughout an eight (8) to twelve (12) hour shift.
• Must be able to bend forward, stretching forward, reaching into machine as needed to perform the aforementioned job duties.
• Visual acuity to read micrometers, inspect small parts, and adjust tooling.
• Must be able to lift up to forty (40) lbs, ten (10) times throughout an eight (8) hour shift.
• Occasional lifting up to seventy-five (75) lbs. may be necessary.
• Near vision must be at least 20/30
Education / Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read blueprints a plus
• Mechanical ability a plus
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.