Title: Machine Design / Development Engineer
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position is responsible for supporting Machine Development projects and activities. Activities and responsibilities include but are not limited to programming of PLC’s, motion controllers and HMI’s, generating associated documentation such as electrical schematics and mechanical drawings, electrical and mechanical assembly, and support of production equipment in manufacturing environment.
• Work with minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks exercising independent judgement.
• Write, test and debug control system and interface software for new machines.
• Improve existing software and perform installation of software upgrades.
• Use software such as AutoCad or Pro Engineering to generate technical documentation such as electrical schematics and assembly diagrams.
• BOM and T# creation and maintenance in JD Edwards
• Occasionally perform electrical and mechanical assembly of components and complete machines.
• Educate and train end users of new machines and equipment.
• Troubleshoot machine problems on shop floor using a computer and/or electrical test equipment.
• Working with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering. Make suggestions and recommendations concerning new and existing equipment as to design to improve performance and reliability.
• Travel occasionally to support equipment at other plant locations.
• Meet with vendors and sales as required.
• Attend training classes and seminars to keep current with new equipment and technologies.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned / non air-conditioned manufacturing environment
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically
• Visual acuity.
Education / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or engineering technology or similar experience.
• Candidate must have experience in the following fields – Electrical, Programming, Robotics/Automation design.
• 3-7 years experience programming PLC’s or motion controllers.
• Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form.
• Experience with AutoCad, Pro E or similar CAD software.
• Strong computer skills to analyze data
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.