Title: Shipper 2 – 7AM to 3:30PM
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position requires the accurate fulfilling of customer orders by pulling product from inventory and preparing it for delivery to our customers, per written instructions. The Shipper is responsible for the movement and handling of product utilizing power and manual pallet jacks, proper identification of product, documentation, and placing properly packaged product to the correct shipping location. The goal for this position is to ensure the highest level of customer service by following all procedures, ensuring accuracy in inventory transactions, excellent recordkeeping and document control skills, fulfilling all pick slips, generating invoices, product identification, and associated computer entries and paperwork.
• Pull product from stock, move and consolidate product from inventory to the shipping area drop zone, to support on time delivery goals.
• Confirms proper identification of product, proper customer requirements, and assures proper procedures are followed to prevent mixes or contamination.
• Accurately transfer product to shelves, putting away inbound freight as well as parts moved throughout the Danboro facility. Able to read and understand routers.
• Accurately transfer product to consolidate product.
• Accurately re-bags product to match customer required quantities, operates manual packaging devices including packing by hand, and uses the part weight scales to determine counts.
• Performs inventory cycle counts.
• Moves product to various locations through out the plant utilizing an electric power jack or hand pallet jack. Lifts containers from one skid to another and transfers product from one type of container to another, following all safety requirements.
• Uses a variety of computer programs as well as a handheld scanner to retrieve, print, and document transactions as well as assure traceability.
• Completes required documentation without error.
• Accurately run the small package ship area including UPS, Fed EX, USPS and DHL etc.
• Work with PIC in the pulling of product.
• Able to prep outbound skids utilizing the bander and wrapping machines.
• Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to assist team in meeting company and departmental goals related to quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale (QCDSM).
• Works with minimal supervision to independently perform the job of Shipper 2 in its entirety as assigned.
• Completes assigned tasks, functions and special projects including packing of product in a timely manner.
• Read and understand written work instructions.
• Handwriting must be legible.
• Identifies, contains, and follows all non-conformance procedures if a defective condition is found.
• Logs on and off DSI properly.
• Keeps work area organized and clean at all times.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver 35 pounds on a skid multiple times per hour.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. from floor to waist, and waist to floor, up to 25 times per hour.
• Must be able to stand throughout the entire shift.
• Must be able to work in an unair-conditioned, well ventilated and/or air conditioned shop environment.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Good verbal, written communication skills as well as basic math skills.
• Basic RF scanner knowledge preferred.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.