Title: Standard Insert Sales/Product Manager
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position is responsible for planning, developing and directing the Sales and Marketing efforts for the Standard Insert brand or product category and lead/guide a cross functional team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit (or a category) by being in the market, knowing the product opportunities, interacting with the customer and becoming the focal point for the assigned product category. In addition, he/she will drive assigned product line strategy, tactics, pricing, profitability, new product development and manufacturing
plan and execute the global product plan through existing functions already in the business.
Establish and develop a network of Engineering Representatives to specifically promote Standard Insert products to the marketplace.
Manage the Sales/Marketing activities of those Engineering Representatives and coordinate sales through whatever channel is appropriate – Direct or via Distribution.
Establish operational policies and programs designed to quickly respond to changing market demands. The ultimate goal of these plans and policies is to have the Standard Insert Product Line continually increase A) its level of market share and, B) its level of profitability for our fastener products.
• Develop, and maintain a network of Engineering Representatives whose primary function is to have SI® brand products specified on OEM designs.
• Promote full product line offering, from design application to production installation, to all market segments, including molders, electronics, automotive, medical, etc.
• Focus on OEM’s, at the project level, to determine BOM, EAU, project start and EOL dates, as well as the subcontractors for each project.
• Directs the pricing of our standard and special product offerings following the profitability guidelines provided by Executive Management.
• Guide the development of new products by building from existing ideas, ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
• Develop competitor company profiles and product line database.
• Develop a forecasting process to provide short and long term visibility for capacity planning.
• Maintain Opportunity Funnel with status updates.
• Ability to highly motivate personnel responsible for providing the “sales of” and “specification of” our products at all levels of the sales process.
• Good communication and leadership skills.
• This position requires excellent verbal communication skills, writing skills, and professional presentation skills. Computer literacy is required and familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Power Point software is desirable.
• The very nature of this job position requires that this individual spend a considerable portion of their time visiting key OEM end customers, and our Engineering Representative organizations. It is estimated that this position will require a minimum of 40% travel time.
Education / Qualifications:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or Business, MBA is beneficial.
• 4+ years of experience in similar capacity. Experience selling standard inserts or knowledge of the injection modeling industry preferred.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to Travel 40% +
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.