Title: Territory Manager
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Promotes the acceptance of PEM® products from design, purchasing and installation functions to the EMS, OEM and Fabricators within the given territory of responsibility.
Manage the Sales/Marketing into the EMS, OEM and Fabricator customers within a given territory. Interact with Design Engineers, manufacturing personnel and purchasing contacts to promote and design PEM products into suitable applications.
• Develop and maintain close relationships with the design engineering entities of the OEM market that specify our PEM products into all types of technologies.
• Work with EMS design centers and coordinate activity to manufacturing locations to ensure all PEM products are designed in and sold.
• Maintain on going correspondence, i.e. sales calls, technical seminars, and interaction with our OEM and Fabrication customers as well as our distribution base to promote products into the market place.
• Develop accurate bookings and shipment forecasts into the given territory.
• Establish and update annually a “Market Share” pie chart with supporting data.
• Contribute in new product development and new product launches putting all efforts into the field to promote such products.
• Identify competitive accounts and penetrate them to understand market pricing, competitive situations and market strategies.
• Focus on the OEM Level with attention to Design, BOM, and EAU level of manufacturing. Be prepared to promote the given information to our Global sales partners within the PEM brand of products.
• Maintain good contact and relationships with our fabricator base in the territory; promoting the brand via joint sales calls with our distributors and technical seminars to update the fabricators of new products and designs.
• Facilitate good relationships between our Distributors and the Fabrication base within the territory via, visits, sales calls and joint meetings to promote the PEM product lines.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• Ability to drive more than 2 hours.
• Travel as required by car or air.
• Ability to motivate those responsible of the direct selling of the PEM products.
• Position requires excellent, verbal and written communication skills.
• Weekly reports detailing activities and opportunities within a given territory.
• Nature of the position requires a large portion of time to be spent at the OEM within the territory designing in and presenting new products to the OEM. Travel throughout the territory on an ongoing basis with overnight travel as required.
• BS in Business/Engineering or minimum 5 years experience in similar capacity.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft office.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.