Title: Thread Roll Operator – 2nd Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Sets up and operates Thread Rolling Machine in a cell that cold forges and thread rolls small parts from wire stock.
• Independently sets up and operates the thread rolling machine. Performs the job of Will operate up to 5 machines at a time.
• Receives general directions from team leader and works from set up sheets, detailed machine parts drawings, machine manuals, specifications, tool charts and instructions using micrometer and vernier calipers.
• As necessary, trouble shoots, replaces worn and broken tooling and parts, diagnoses and repairs machine malfunctions, reset tooling, gauges work, and makes all machine adjustments necessary to produce parts within specifications.
• Will assist lower classification operators as required.
• May obtain correct check sheet and BOM with drawings and specifications
• Obtains correct machine tooling as called for BOM.
• Removes old set up tooling.
• Following the BOM, installs new set up of machine tooling to operate the thread roller machines at specified speeds and feeds to produce good work to quality specifications.
• Makes test run of new pieces, inspects and verifies dimensions against drawing specification and overlay comparator as per the applicable department procedures. Obtains verification of test results from foreman when needed.
• As necessary removes old tooling from the thread roller, installs new tools as per the BOM and set up requirements.
• Makes test run of new pieces, inspects and verifies dimensions against drawing specifications, overly requirements and gaging procedures as per the department procedures applicable.
• Observes automatic operation of the thread roller machine to assure compliance of all applicable standards and procedures.
• Inspects and gauges completed parts from both machines pan to verify correct dimensions and profile against drawing specification called out in the applicable department procedure and notifies foreman and/or inspector if parts are falling outside of drawing tolerances. Makes adjustments to machines as necessary to produce good quality parts. Dumps pans every 15 minutes (Approximately 5-15 pounds in weight) may be required to periodically handle pans 59 pounds maximum weight.
• The “A” operator should be able to operate most equipment within the department in a proficient and professional manner.
• Through expertise and experience is able to maximize the machine efficiency and minimize downtime.
• Replaces tools or parts in machine as worn or broken. Required to use wrenches. Bolts torqued to 100 feet per lb. maximum.
• Performs routine machine maintenance.
• Records weight and scrap information on appropriate forms at the end of order.
• Maintains workplace area in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis. Performs a general machine and work area cleanup once a week.
• Makes out time, production, and quality reports as necessary.
• Collaborates with operators from other shifts to transmit and exchange information pertinent to the work at hand on a daily basis.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Detects and reports faulty machine operation, defective material and equipment, drawing discrepancies and other unusual conditions to foreman.
• Must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs. from floor level to waist, and waist to floor approximately 25 times per hour.
• Must be able to stand approximately 8-10 hrs./day.
• Must be able to work in an unair-conditioned, well ventilated and/or air-conditioned shop environment.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• Manual dexterity.
• Mechanical ability
• Able to bend, twist, and squat in sometimes awkward positions for prolonged periods of time while exerting force (pushing or pulling) on hand tools to adjust machine.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
• 5+ years of experience on Thread Rolling equipment, preferably with Warren, National or Hartford Thread Rolling equipment.
• Must be able to work 2nd shift hours. (3:30 PM – 12:00 AM)
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.