Title: Tool Assembler – 2nd Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position is a support role to the machine operators in the department. This position will restock the set up and wire boxes with the needed tools for individual machines or work cells on a scheduled basis. Among other duties, this position will be responsible to retrieve tools from the crib, diagnose, repair and assemble machine tooling in preparation for production.
• Prepare the correct tool assemblies to maintain on time delivery
• Manage die preparation to meet work order requirements
• Replaces worn or damaged tools.
• Retrieves items from the tool crib.
• Restocks the set up/ wire kits
• Works from Bill of Materials, tool layouts and design drawings to assemble and/or repair tool assemblies.
• Assembles and prepares tools to minimize operator adjustment and modifications.
• Prepares tooling to be supplied in set up or wire kits.
• Grinds, finishes, hones, and measures tools to work properly and with repeatability.
• Maintains accurate records of tooling components, set up kits and assemblies
• Reports quality or design concerns to the appropriate team
• Keeps area clean and organized.
• Works with engineering to develop and build new tool kits as needed.
• Must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs. from floor level to waist, and waist to floor approximately 5 times per hour.
• Must be able to stand approximately 8-10 hrs. /day.
• Able to bend, twist, and squat in sometimes awkward positions for prolonged periods of time while exerting force (pushing or pulling) on hand tools used to adjust machine.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Previous experience working with cold heading, cold forming or thread rolling experience is beneficial
• Experience working with tool room equipment such lathes and grinders.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.