Title: Tool Maker – 2nd Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Operates all departmental machine tools and provides machine shop service, expertise, and capability to the entire manufacturing operation. Lays out work to be done. Constructs, alters, or repairs a wide variety of standard and non-standard developmental and experimental tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc. to close tolerances and exacting set ups.
• Independently performs the job of toolmaker “A” in its entirety, operating all the following typical department, machines and any specialty machines as assigned.
b. Milling Mach.
d. Centerless Grinder.
e. Surface Grinder
• Receives general directions from lead person /foreman and works from complex ideas drawings, sketches, blueprints, and verbal instructions, using micrometers, vernier calipers, calculator, indicators, protractor, etc. to produce the desired part or result.
• Must have own basic measuring tools.
• Obtain instructions, sketches, drawings, etc. from lead person /foreman.
• Obtains raw material from department stock.
• Sets up any department machine as needed to produce the work as directed, very exactly and must hold very close tolerance.
• Produces first piece and checks all dimensions for accuracy against drawings, sketches, etc.
• If first piece is acceptable, produces subsequent pieces to very exacting tolerances and specifications. Each succeeding piece is also checked upon completion for strict adherence to exacting specifications, highest finish, and quality.
• Fits and assembles parts as required.
• Detects and reports faulty machine operation, defective material drawing discrepancies, operating problems and other unusual conditions to foreperson.
• Replenishes raw material stock as used.
• Replaces or re-sharpens cutting tools as required.
• Performs final inspection and delivers tools to the next workstation.
• Maintains machine and workplace area in a neat and orderly condition on a daily basis, and performs a general machine and work area cleanup once a week. Keeps machine free of chips.
• Performs required paperwork. Including completing routers, pick slips and inspection reports.
• Collaborates closely with foreperson to transmit and exchange information pertinent to the work at hand.
• Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
• Is responsible for maintaining all tool room machines in proper working order.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Visual acuity for detailed work.
• Must be able to work in an air conditioned, well ventilated shop environment.
• Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hrs. per day.
• Do occasional lifting of up to 30 – 40 lbs., from floor to waist.
Education / Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Tool & Die Makers Certificate or 5 Years (min) Tool Room Experience
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.
Issues | Sign Up