PennAuto™ fastener products offer a unique manufacturing and distribution methodology based on manufacturing of high strength components and fasteners in PennEngineering’s wholly owned manufacturing subsidiaries in Kunshan China, supported by sales, product inventory, distribution services and customer technical assistance strategically located in close proximity to its global customers.
PennEngineering is one of the first company’s in the world to develop the ability to manufacture high strength complex components / fasteners in China that meet today’s demanding global automotive quality standards. Using a specialized approach, PennEngineering can produce PennAuto™ hardware with complex geometry using cost-effective and advanced processes unlike typically employed conventional machining methods. PennEngineering utilizes highly controlled, multi process, high volume production techniques, which involve forming/forging of the basic fastener followed by precision secondary turning/machining operations to complete the job.
This capability uniquely positions PennEngineering to deliver product at lower cost while achieving the same or improved levels of quality, as compared with Western competitors who are locked into high manufacturing and distribution cost structures.
Local service centers provide our customers with personalized service and the assurance of continuity in product supply from operations in China.
- Manufacture by combining complex forged/formed geometries with secondary turning/machining operations
- 1-die/2-blow to 6-die/6-blow equipment
- Bolts from M5 to M30, 305 mm length max
- Cutoff wire diameter up to 30 mm
- Metallurgical lab
- Testing – mechanical, physical, etc.
- Other operations:
-Multi spindle machining
-In-house heat treatment
PennAuto™ Facility, Kunshan, China
- Banjo Bolts
- Double Ended Studs
- Hex Bolts
- Hex Flange Bolts
- Shoulder Bolts
- Square Head Bolts
- Floating Nuts
- Hex Flange Nuts / Hex Nuts
- Insert Nuts
- Inserts For Plastics
- Lock Nuts
- Pierce Nuts on Wire
- Tube Nuts / Weld Nuts
- Brake & Fluid Handling Components
- Hollow Dowel Pins / Dowel Pins
- Locator / Guide Pins
- Ball Studs / Bushings
- Compression Limiters
- Double Ended Rivets
- Grooved Shafts
- Hinge Pins / Sleeves
- Rivets / Shoulder Rivets
Full line of Automotive Fastening Solutions.
- New Electronics, October 2018 Issue – “Spotless Not Clueless” - October 16, 2018
- NEW iPhoneX Teardown Added to Tech Product Teardown Page - September 25, 2018
- Design and Development Today, Sept. 2018 – Micro Fasteners For Compact Consumer Electronics - September 17, 2018
Issues | Sign Up
- PEM® Self-Clinching Nuts and Studs for Use in High-Strength Thin Steel Sheets Provide Permanent Threads for Automotive Component Attachment Applications - November 1, 2018
- New PEM® PreTect™ Thread Masking Plugs for Self-Clinching Nuts and Standoffs Protect Internal Threads During Paint and Powder Coating Processes - October 18, 2018
- SI® Inserts For Plastic Assemblies Provide Reusable Metal Threads Enabling Easy Disassembly and Re-Attachment Whenever Required - September 27, 2018