PennAuto™ fastener products offer a unique manufacturing and distribution methodology based on manufacturing of high strength components and fasteners in PennEngineering’s wholly owned manufacturing subsidiaries in Kunshan China, supported by sales, product inventory, distribution services and customer technical assistance strategically located in close proximity to its global customers.
PennEngineering is one of the first company’s in the world to develop the ability to manufacture high strength complex components / fasteners in China that meet today’s demanding global automotive quality standards. Using a specialized approach, PennEngineering can produce PennAuto™ hardware with complex geometry using cost-effective and advanced processes unlike typically employed conventional machining methods. PennEngineering utilizes highly controlled, multi process, high volume production techniques, which involve forming/forging of the basic fastener followed by precision secondary turning/machining operations to complete the job.
This capability uniquely positions PennEngineering to deliver product at lower cost while achieving the same or improved levels of quality, as compared with Western competitors who are locked into high manufacturing and distribution cost structures.
Local service centers provide our customers with personalized service and the assurance of continuity in product supply from operations in China.
- Manufacture by combining complex forged/formed geometries with secondary turning/machining operations
- 1-die/2-blow to 6-die/6-blow equipment
- Bolts from M5 to M30, 305 mm length max
- Cutoff wire diameter up to 30 mm
- Metallurgical lab
- Testing – mechanical, physical, etc.
- Other operations:
-Multi spindle machining
-In-house heat treatment
PennAuto™ Facility, Kunshan, China
- Banjo Bolts
- Double Ended Studs
- Hex Bolts
- Hex Flange Bolts
- Shoulder Bolts
- Square Head Bolts
- Floating Nuts
- Hex Flange Nuts / Hex Nuts
- Insert Nuts
- Inserts For Plastics
- Lock Nuts
- Pierce Nuts on Wire
- Tube Nuts / Weld Nuts
- Brake & Fluid Handling Components
- Hollow Dowel Pins / Dowel Pins
- Locator / Guide Pins
- Ball Studs / Bushings
- Compression Limiters
- Double Ended Rivets
- Grooved Shafts
- Hinge Pins / Sleeves
- Rivets / Shoulder Rivets
Full line of Automotive Fastening Solutions.
- NEW TECH SHEET – Installing PennEngineering® fasteners into stainless steel sheets - June 20, 2018
- Employing a strategy of sustainability, fostering a healthy environment from within! Read more… - June 8, 2018
- Design World, February 2018 – “When Should You Use Self-Clinching Locknuts?” - March 1, 2018
Issues | Sign Up
- PEM® TSO4™ Self-Clinching Threaded Standoff Fasteners Securely Stack or Space Components in Ultra-Thin Stainless Steel Assemblies - May 31, 2018
- New Stainless Steel PEM® TK™ TackSert® Pins Ideal Alternatives to Screws for Attaching Thin Panels in Assemblies - May 9, 2018
- PEM® FHX™ Self-Clinching Flush-Head Studs with X-Press™ Thread Profile Quickly Mate with Push-On Plastic Fasteners or Wire Ties - March 28, 2018