PennAuto™ fastener products offer a unique manufacturing and distribution methodology based on manufacturing of high strength components and fasteners in PennEngineering’s wholly owned manufacturing subsidiaries in Kunshan China, supported by sales, product inventory, distribution services and customer technical assistance strategically located in close proximity to its global customers.
PennEngineering is one of the first company’s in the world to develop the ability to manufacture high strength complex components / fasteners in China that meet today’s demanding global automotive quality standards. Using a specialized approach, PennEngineering can produce PennAuto™ hardware with complex geometry using cost-effective and advanced processes unlike typically employed conventional machining methods. PennEngineering utilizes highly controlled, multi process, high volume production techniques, which involve forming/forging of the basic fastener followed by precision secondary turning/machining operations to complete the job.
This capability uniquely positions PennEngineering to deliver product at lower cost while achieving the same or improved levels of quality, as compared with Western competitors who are locked into high manufacturing and distribution cost structures.
Local service centers provide our customers with personalized service and the assurance of continuity in product supply from operations in China.
- Manufacture by combining complex forged/formed geometries with secondary turning/machining operations
- 1-die/2-blow to 6-die/6-blow equipment
- Bolts from M5 to M30, 305 mm length max
- Cutoff wire diameter up to 30 mm
- Metallurgical lab
- Testing – mechanical, physical, etc.
- Other operations:
-Multi spindle machining
-In-house heat treatment
PennAuto™ Facility, Kunshan, China
- Banjo Bolts
- Double Ended Studs
- Hex Bolts
- Hex Flange Bolts
- Shoulder Bolts
- Square Head Bolts
- Floating Nuts
- Hex Flange Nuts / Hex Nuts
- Insert Nuts
- Inserts For Plastics
- Lock Nuts
- Pierce Nuts on Wire
- Tube Nuts / Weld Nuts
- Brake & Fluid Handling Components
- Hollow Dowel Pins / Dowel Pins
- Locator / Guide Pins
- Ball Studs / Bushings
- Compression Limiters
- Double Ended Rivets
- Grooved Shafts
- Hinge Pins / Sleeves
- Rivets / Shoulder Rivets
Full line of Automotive Fastening Solutions.
- NEW TECH SHEET – Technical review of PEM® RT™ Vibration Resistant Thread Technology - January 9, 2018
- Plastics Technology, January 2018 – “Four Ways to Tackle Threaded Inserts for Plastics” - January 2, 2018
- NEW Additions To Our Video Libray; “Corporate Overview” and “VariMount® Virtues” - October 5, 2017
Issues | Sign Up
- New microPEM® Flaring Standoffs for Compact Electronic Assemblies Provide Ideal Miniature Fastener Solutions to Attach and/or Space Components - January 24, 2018
- PEMHEX® Self-Clinching Prevailing Torque Locknuts Integrate Nylon Hexagonal Insert to Prevent Mating Screws from Loosening - January 5, 2018
- Aluminum and Stainless Steel microPEM® TackSert® Pins for Compact Electronics Provide Cost-Effective Alternatives to Screws for Attaching Top Panels in Assemblies - November 30, 2017