Aerospace and Defense Electronics
Fastening solutions for aerospace and defense electronics
Your Source for Compliant Parts
PEM® products are certified to meet a number of defense and military specifications.
- MIL-SPEC – see our MIL Cross Reference Chart for PEM® Fasteners
- NSN – over 2,000 PEM® parts available on NSN lookup
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified – global PEM® locations in U.S., Singapore, Germany
DOD Qualified Suppliers List for Manufacturers (QSLM) – Class 2 and Class 3 Threaded Fasteners.
View all PEM® regulatory certifications and compliance for government requirements here.
Fasteners for PC Board applications
PEM® offers a comprehensive line of fastening solutions for use with PC board applications used in aerospace and defense electronics. These fasteners can satisfy component-to-board, board-to-board, and board-to-chassis attachment needs and deliver optimum product performance.
ReelFast® Surface Mount Fasteners
PEM® surface mount technology (SMT) fasteners mount on
PC boards and use the same soldering processes as the
board’s other electronic components.
- Eliminates common productivity and damage issues caused by loose fastening hardware and broaching fasteners
- Supplied in tape-and-reel packaging for easy pick-and-place assembly
- Excellent pullout and torque-out forces
This fastening solution offers a practical alternative to loose hardware, which can increase the risk of poor performance in mission-critical applications. It is a knurled-shank fastening device that can be pressed into a hole to provide a permanent, strong, threaded or unthreaded attachment point in PC boards.
- Specially formed axial grooves around the fastener shank “broach” or cut into the material, creating a firm, interference-type fit resistance to rotation
Fasteners For Network Applications
Product performance is only as strong as the components inside. That’s why so many trust PEM® fastening solutions. Our fasteners can be found in just about any network application for aerospace and defense – from servers, switches, and routers to 5G network infrastructure and data centers.
Have a project? Let us help.
Have an application question? Talk to a PEM® engineer. Our engineers are fastener experts who can help you find the most reliable, cost-effective fastener solution for whatever challenge you’re facing.
We’ll send you fasteners to sample and use in your prototype. You can see firsthand how our solutions can help save you time, money, and resources.
Gain valuable insights from our extensive resources center. Includes product catalogs, CAD drawings, data sheets, videos, design guides, and more.
Find information on environmental and government compliance, quality approvals and certifications, and browse other regulatory resources.
PennEngineering® Acquires Sherex Fastening Solutions
PEM® PreTect™ Thread Masking Plugs
PennEngineering® Joins CharIN
Case Study - Sinai helps PennEngineering adopt a corporate-wide process to collect and calculate GHG emissions
New Automotive Electronics Fastener Design Standards
Self-Clinching Fastener Handbook
Now Available - Consumer Electronics Fastener Design Guide
PennEngineering® Announces Opening of San Jose, CA Office
PEM® Introduces Automotive Electronics Catalog
PennEngineering® Featured in Design World
Gain a market edge.
Benefit from the expertise of trained engineers with this array of complimentary services. Designed to help improve your product’s cost, quality, time to market, and overall performance, these services advance your products and our world.
- Application Review
- Custom Design/Product Development
- Customer Drawings
- Catalog Samples
- 3D Models
- Prototype Development Center
- FEA Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Tensile and Compression Strength
- Micro Hardness
- Fastener Joint Cross-Sectioning
- Corrosion and Plating Testing
- Complete Product Disassembly
- Assembly Structure Assessment
- Identify Alternative Fastening Solutions
- Alternative Fastener Replacement/Testing
- Teardown Report
- Identify Efficiencies/Implementation Plan
- Free Customized Training Sessions
- Learn from Global Experts
- Live, web-based, and pre-recorded training options available
Standard Classes Include:
- Theory, Best Practices, Application Exploration
- Intro to Self-Clinch Theory
- Proper Fasteners for Stainless Steel Panels
- Surface Mount Fastener Technology (SMT) vs. Broach
Virtual Tech Support
- Connect with a live senior PEM® Engineering expert – you choose the date/time
- Get advanced consult for your application and design questions
- Review drawings and 3D models
- Discuss technical cleanliness needs
- Explore product teardown opportunities
Have a question?
Talk to an Engineer.
See what’s possible.
Connect with a PEM® engineering expert today and discover a reliable, cost-effective fastening solution for your challenging applications.
Or call any of the direct phone numbers listed below: