True Positional Tolerance
Typically, this is +/- .005" where competition is as high as +/- .015". The close relationship between the hole and the fastener being installed provides accuracy.
Perpendicularity of Studs/Pins
While this is dependent upon the type and thickness of material, sizeand length of the fastener and installation methodology, typically our parts are within 1° of perpendicularity to the mounting surface.
Fasteners are Always Captured
Our fasteners are never in a loose state within the die so there is zerorisk for tool damage. Every tool is application specific to account for allpossible variables involving safety and productivity.
With the ability to install top-down, bottom-up and on compound angles,there are few areas that are inaccessible. By working with the componentdesigner, the tooling designer, the die maker and the stamping supplier,optimization of all variables is possible. This represents a cohesivedesign effort.
Reduced Tooling Costs
Die designers can benefit from minimized maching requirements by working with our Pro-Die team. Preferred installation is in the final sequence where variation is limited.
No need to design a coined area on the opposite side of the installationarea, as PEM® fasteners are flush on the working side. This is one lessvariable to contend with. The fastener supplier is also the systemsupplier.
Removable Tools/Portability of the Delivery System
You can pull the install tools from the die without pulling the die, the bowlcan be moved to another press and tracks can be On/Off as applicationsdictate.
- Employing a strategy of sustainability, fostering a healthy environment from within! Read more… - June 8, 2018
- Design World, February 2018 – “When Should You Use Self-Clinching Locknuts?” - March 1, 2018
- NEW TECH SHEET – Technical review of PEM® RT™ Vibration Resistant Thread Technology - January 9, 2018
Issues | Sign Up
- PEM® TSO4™ Self-Clinching Threaded Standoff Fasteners Securely Stack or Space Components in Ultra-Thin Stainless Steel Assemblies - May 31, 2018
- New Stainless Steel PEM® TK™ TackSert® Pins Ideal Alternatives to Screws for Attaching Thin Panels in Assemblies - May 9, 2018
- PEM® FHX™ Self-Clinching Flush-Head Studs with X-Press™ Thread Profile Quickly Mate with Push-On Plastic Fasteners or Wire Ties - March 28, 2018