Title: Quality Manager
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: Yes
The Quality Manager is principal facilitator and driver of the Quality Management System (QMS). The position is responsible for creation or revision of Procedures, Work instructions, Process Flow Diagrams, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs), Dimensional and Process Control Plans, CMM Programs, and Visual aids, etc. Sets up linkage between quality documents and job descriptions to facilitate timely training of personnel. Conducts internal audits on parts, processes, and systems audits with qualified personnel. Establishes weekly element schedule, train, qualify and assign auditors, follow-up on closed CARS and actions. Prepares Corrective and Preventative Action requests including SCAR to suppliers and from customers. These shall include cause and effect and 3Legged 5Why methodology and be documented within customer specific formats. Also includes Chairs the monthly management review meetings focusing management’s resources upon any and all weaknesses within the Policy and Quality Objectives.
• Understands department procedures, insures all team members are trained and well procedures are understood.
• Performs Layered assessments as required for quality and safety in their area of responsibility
• Insures quality product is produced and encourages quality before quantity in all aspects of the job.
• Considers quality when writing performance reviews and encourages continuous improvement in quality
• Works with the quality & departmental management representative to answer all corrective actions both internal and external using proven problem solving techniques including the following at a minimum:
• Fishbone diagrams
• Mind mapping
• Cause and effect diagrams
• 3-legged 5 Why
• Plan-do-Check-Act cycle
• Is an active member of the team doing process FMEA’s as needed and uses risk based thinking to reduce
• Assists the team quality representative in the development of Control Plans
• Promotes Safety in all aspects and in all areas of responsibility.
• Deliver’s safety message to the team at the beginning of every team meeting.
• Discusses tool box talks and near misses at the team meetings within 48 hours of receiving it.
• Encourages safe work practices.
• Acts on safety issues in a timely manner and insures proper corrective actions are in place to prevent injuries.
• Insures unsafe equipment is locked out in accordance with the LOTO policy.
• Insures proper PPE are worn by team members and enforces safe working practices.
• Insures all injuries and near misses are reported immediately to the area manager and EH&S manager.
• Supports and attends the Safety committee meetings as needed.
• Considers the use of resources, recycling and the broader environmental impacts of actions on the environment when making decisions.
• Insures all materials are conserved and recycled in their areas of responsibility
• Reports all spills immediately to the area manager and EH&S manager
• Insures all new materials brought into the plant have an MSDS that is approved by the EH&S manager prior to the material’s arrival.
• Insures materials are disposed of properly.
• Use the ISO9000 Quality Management System (Assurance) of Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) to continuously improve company metrics for Safety, Quality, Delivery on Time, and Cost Reduction.
• Supports manufacturing and support services’ efforts to keep a continuous flow of high quality parts through the plant and to the customer, by accurately providing and reporting the significant aspects of the visual, dimensional, and process information available. To carry out these activities, the incumbent assumes the day-to-day responsibility for managing a Quality Assurance / Control Organization
• Selects and develops quality personnel by concentrating on skills development in areas such as metrology, blueprint reading, Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) or Optical Comparator programming and other skills as necessary.
• Use and promote statistical tools (i.e.: SPC, CP/CPK, Gage R&R, etc.) to drive improvement while maximizing return on investment.
• Promote use of QMS at suppliers through PDCA and Supplier Corrective Actions.
• Promotes an atmosphere throughout the plant that fosters employee involvement, teamwork, and the understanding that quality is everyone’s responsibility, and that customer satisfaction is paramount.
• Develop and implement specific quality procedures and methods on QMS Document Management, Training Competency, Internal Audits, Corrective Action Requests, and Management Review processes.
• Establish and maintain a calibration system for control of all gages and other measuring systems to assure measurement accuracy in the conduct of business. Also maintain documentation of the calibration system and adequate record its performance.
• Facilitator of effective corrective and preventative action requests within plant and suppliers.
• Facilitator of Continuous Improvement methods within plant including use of Statistical Tools.
• Set up and maintain all quality related training within the plant. Ensure that all new personnel are adequately trained to an appropriate level so that they can help foster the quality levels established.
• The Quality Manager should represent the Company to customers on quality matters and audits.
• Must be capable of creating, maintain, and upgrading the various procedures, work instructions and guidelines in order to document the quality system as it relates to the plant.
• Enforces Company Policies and Performs other associated duties as required by Manager.
• Visual acuity for detailed work
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned office environment or machine shop environment as necessary for an eight-hour shift plus reasonable overtime as required
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a mechanical science such as Mechanical Engineering/Technology, Industrial Engineering/Technology, Manufacturing Engineering/Technology, Quality Engineering.
• 5 years of relevant experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Certified Quality Manager / Organizational Excellence and an active member of ASQ.
• A working knowledge and/or experience with most of the following:
a. Expertise in working with ISO 9001, IATF 16949 Quality Certifications.
b. Statistical Process Control
c. W. Edward Deming’s Principles and Phillip Crosby’s Quality Philosophy
d. Knowledge of Control Charts, Target Control and Pre-Control
e. Process /Machine Capability Studies
f. Taugchi Design of Experiments
g. Ishikawa – Cause and Effect Diagrams
h. Gage Calibration Procedures and Techniques
i. Knowledge of CMM, micrometers, verniers, optical comparators, vision systems, dial indicators.
j. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products.
• Ability to communicate and present ideas clearly and concisely with customers, subordinates, peers, and corporate officers.
• Self-Starter, well organized in thought and paperwork. Must have the ability to “sell” his/her ideas to operators, supervision, management and customers.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.
PennEngineering® Achieves ISO 14001:2015 Certification for Global Headquarters - August 19, 2019
Designfax, February 2019 “Engineer’s Toolbox: Self-Clinching Fasteners Design Tips - February 14, 2019
More News | Tradeshows
Issues | Sign Up