International Material Data System (IMDS) Participation
PennEngineering® is a registered user of the International Material Data System (IMDS). The IMDS archives and maintains information on materials that are used to manufacture vehicles.
This materials database will facilitate the recycling of old vehicles in the future. In addition, the IMDS is used to demonstrate vehicle compliance to End-of-Life (ELV) Directive (2000/53/EC). The IMDS is a joint effort between the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. For a listing of these companies and more information on the IMDS, go too www.mdsystem.com.
PennEngineering can enter parts into the IMDS upon request. Our preference is to enter parts directly into the IMDS rather than using the AIAG Compliance Connect™ spreadsheet. Requests for each entry should include the following:
- PennEngineering part number
- Customer facility IMDS ID number
- Customer part and drawing numbers with revision levels and/or revision dates if applicable
- Our supplier code assigned by customer if required
- Any other information required by the customer on the IMDS “Recipient Data” form
PennEngineering IMDS ID numbers:
Danboro, PA, USA Facility – 9155
Galway, Ireland Facility – 8772
To request an entry or ask a question please E-mail [email protected]