Product Spotlight - microPEM® Concealed Rotary Standoff
The new microPEM® Concealed Rotary Standoff technology from PennEngineering® allows fasteners to be installed into thin sheet metal at a low axial force – keeping one side of the panel aesthetically clean with no or minimal markings – while still providing strong pull-out and torque-out resistances.
microPEM® Concealed Rotary Standoff Technology At-a-Glance
- New, innovative standoff installation technology
- Enables a clean, smooth aesthetic by installing into a thin, cosmetic-faced panel
- Low axial installation force allows the side of the sheet opposite installation to remain smooth and unmarred
- Will not loosen or fall out
- Can be installed into sheets as thin as 0.020”/0.5mm*
- Thin flange for installation into thin panels
- Notches in flange for torque-out resistance
- Rotary installation allows for fastener to be made of most materials
- Chamfer to allow lead into blind hole
*Cosmetic marking may occur when using rotary install on very thin panels. Please contact your PEM® representative to discuss the specific aesthetic needs and technical requirements of your application.