Traditional weld nuts (caged or anchor), self tapping screws for metal, and sheet metal screws can be expensive options when considering total installed cost. And they can lengthen your time to market from secondary operations and inefficient installation time.
Choose PEM® clinch nuts, heavy-duty studs, surface mount technology, micro fasteners, and SI® threaded inserts for your automotive electronics applications – and move forward with cost savings, reliability, and eco-friendly performance.
By the Numbers
World's top automakers rely on PEM®
90% of the world's top automakers rely on PEM® fastening solutions.
Nearly 1 million unique users research PEM® products per year.
Unique PEM® part numbers
Nearly 20,000 unique PEM® part numbers produced annually.
PEM® + Haeger®. A Total System Solution.
Using PEM® parts with Haeger® installation machines provides a total system solution – engineered to work together for greater efficiency and cost savings.
Have a project? Let’s get started.
Have an application question? Talk to a PEM® engineer and discover the most reliable, cost-effective fastening solution for your biggest challenge.
Request free product samples and see how our innovative fastener designs and technologies can help save you time, money, and resources.
Gain valuable insights from our extensive resources center. Includes product catalogs, CAD drawings, data sheets, videos, design guides, and more.
Find information on environmental and government compliance, quality approvals and certifications, and browse other regulatory resources.
The Power to Connect
See how PEM® delivers engineering innovation with global services and capabilities that expand beyond the automotive electronics market.
EV and Charging
The future is electric – and the engineering excellence behind PEM® fastening solutions is why many of the world’s top brands turn to PEM® as they face new challenges in an increasingly electric world.
Proven Performance for EV Battery Trays
PROFIL® Rivet Nuts RND
PROFIL® Self-Pierce Rivet Studs SBF
PEM® HFE/HFH Heavy Duty Studs
ATLAS® Blind Rivet Nuts
SI® Inserts for Plastics
Achieving Water-Tight Seals with Vacuum Leak Testing
Why Quality Is the Standard
Using 3D Technology to Conceptualize New Fasteners
New Automotive Electronics Fastener Design Standards
Revised - Self-Clinching Fastener Handbook
Now Available - Consumer Electronics Fastener Design Guide
Case Study - Sinai helps PennEngineering adopt a corporate-wide process to collect and calculate GHG emissions
PennEngineering® Announces Opening of San Jose, CA Office
PennEngineering® Featured in Design World
PEM® Introduces Automotive Electronics Catalog
THFE® Heavy-Duty Studs
Critical safety achieved.
Switching to THFE® Heavy-Duty Studs simplified the assembly process for battery terminal connectors and satisfied the customer’s critical safety requirements for this high-voltage application.
Gain a market edge.
PEMedge® Services give you a full suite of expertise to improve your product’s cost, quality, time to market, and overall performance.
- Application Review
- Custom Design/Product Development
- Customer Drawings
- Catalog Samples
- 3D Models
- Prototype Development Center
- FEA Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Tensile and Compression Strength
- Micro Hardness
- Fastener Joint Cross-Sectioning
- Corrosion and Plating Testing
- Complete Product Disassembly
- Assembly Structure Assessment
- Identify Alternative Fastening Solutions
- Alternative Fastener Replacement/Testing
- Teardown Report
- Identify Efficiencies/Implementation Plan
- Free Customized Training Sessions
- Learn from Global Experts
- Live, web-based, and pre-recorded training options available
Standard Classes Include:
- Theory, Best Practices, Application Exploration
- Intro to Self-Clinch Theory
- Proper Fasteners for Stainless Steel Panels
- Surface Mount Fastener Technology (SMT) vs. Broach
Virtual Tech Support
- Connect with a live senior PEM® Engineering expert – you choose the date/time
- Get advanced consult for your application and design questions
- Review drawings and 3D models
- Discuss technical cleanliness needs
- Explore product teardown opportunities
Have a question?
Talk to an Engineer.
See what’s possible.
Connect with a PEM® engineering expert today and discover a reliable, cost-effective fastening solution for your challenging applications.
Or call any of the direct phone numbers listed below: