PEM® GHOST™ Fasteners
Magnetic Release Fastening Technology
PEM® Ghost™ Fastening Technology
The GHOST™ Fastening Technology is ideal for achieving tight security and sleek aesthetics. This new PEM® capability produces a fully concealed fastener with zero visible evidence of disassembly once engaged. With the ability to replace many screw/nut assemblies, the GHOST™ fastener makes new design avenues possible across a variety of industries.
- Tool-less assembly and reassembly
- Near-instant release and disassembly using magnetic tool
- Non-contact disassembly unlike traditional fastening solutions
- Ample float accommodates tolerance and assembly imprecisions
- Ultra-smooth design for sleek aesthetics
- Concealed nature of the product makes new design avenues possible across a variety of industries and market sectors
- The Ghost fastener dimensions are:
- Body Diameter - .189"/4.8mm
- Overall Diameter - .214"/5.4mm
- Length - .130"/3.3mm
- Components are made from 300 Series Stainless Steel
How the Technology Works
PEM® GHOST™ Fastening Technology utilizes a fully concealed, pinch-lock mechanism to create a secure lock with zero visibility once engaged.
Using a magnetic release tool on the concealed fastener actuates the internal components, unlocking the pinch-lock grip and instantly releasing the pin from the fastener.
The GHOST™ fastener may not be purchased for use in consumer electronics products. Please contact us if you have any questions.