PEM® fastening solutions can be found in life-saving medical products all around the world. We partner with industry leaders in health technology, biotech, diagnostics, and medical equipment to ensure their mission-critical systems always maintain reliable operational performance.
Whether it’s simplifying an assembly by reducing loose hardware or creating a more appealing aesthetic for a product, trust the innovation behind PEM® products for your most challenging medical applications.
Lab and Medical Instruments
Analog and Digital Imaging Products
MRI and CT Scanners
Blood Analysis Testing Sets
By the Numbers
Global medical fastener market growth
Global medical fastener market is expected to grow at a 8% CAGR over the next 5 years.
Unique PEM parts per year
Nearly 20,000 unique PEM® part numbers produced annually
Nearly 1 million unique users research PEM® products per year.
Innovations Lab. Where Anything is Possible.
See what’s possible in the PEM® Innovations Lab. Here, collaboration between customers and PEM® applications engineers drives new ideas and new product innovations to advance performance for even the most challenging applications.
Have a project? Let’s get started.
Have an application question? Talk to a PEM® engineer and discover the most reliable, cost-effective fastening solution for your biggest challenge.
Request free product samples and see how our innovative fastener designs and technologies can help save you time, money, and resources.
Gain valuable insights from our extensive resources center. Includes product catalogs, CAD drawings, data sheets, videos, engineering guides, and more.
Find information on environmental and government compliance, quality approvals and certifications, and browse other regulatory resources.
The Power to Connect
See how PEM® delivers engineering innovation with global services and capabilities that expand beyond the industrial/commercial market.
See what’s possible with PEM® fastening solutions for consumer electronics. From catalog to custom parts, PEM® fasteners use self-clinching, broaching, flaring, and surface-mount technology for strong, reusable, and permanent threads and mounting points in different ductile/non-ductile materials.
Thinner. Lighter. Stronger.
microPEM® Concealed Rotary Standoff
New concealed rotary standoff technology from microPEM® allows fasteners to install into thin-sheet metal at low axial force – keeping one side of the panel aesthetically clean with minimal or no markings while providing strong pull-out and torque-out resistances.
- New and innovative standoff installation
- Clean, smooth aesthetic when installed into thin, cosmetic-faced panel
- Concealed head
- Can install into sheets as thin as 0.020” / 0.5mm
- Installation method allows for fastener to be made of most materials
PEM® PreTect™ Thread Masking Plugs
PennEngineering® Joins CharIN
Case Study - Sinai helps PennEngineering adopt a corporate-wide process to collect and calculate GHG emissions
New Automotive Electronics Fastener Design Standards
Self-Clinching Fastener Handbook
Now Available - Consumer Electronics Fastener Design Guide
PennEngineering® Announces Opening of San Jose, CA Office
PennEngineering® Featured in Design World
PEM® Introduces Automotive Electronics Catalog
New Global PROFIL® Website
Gain a market edge.
PEMedge® Services give you a full suite of expertise to improve your product’s cost, quality, time to market, and overall performance.
- Application Review
- Custom Design/Product Development
- Customer Drawings
- Catalog Samples
- 3D Models
- Prototype Development Center
- FEA Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Tensile and Compression Strength
- Micro Hardness
- Fastener Joint Cross-Sectioning
- Corrosion and Plating Testing
- Complete Product Disassembly
- Assembly Structure Assessment
- Identify Alternative Fastening Solutions
- Alternative Fastener Replacement/Testing
- Teardown Report
- Identify Efficiencies/Implementation Plan
FASTENERCLASS™ MASTER CLASS
- Free Customized Training Sessions
- Learn from Global Experts
- Live, web-based, and pre-recorded training options available
Standard Classes Include:
- Theory, Best Practices, Application Exploration
- Intro to Self-Clinch Theory
- Proper Fasteners for Stainless Steel Panels
- Surface Mount Fastener Technology (SMT) vs. Broach
Virtual Tech Support
- Connect with a live senior PEM® Engineering expert – you choose the date/time
- Get advanced consult for your application and design questions
- Review drawings and 3D models
- Discuss technical cleanliness needs
- Explore product teardown opportunities
Have a question?
Talk to an Engineer.
See what’s possible.
Connect with a PEM® engineering expert today and discover a reliable, cost-effective fastening solution for your challenging applications.
Or call any of the direct phone numbers listed below: