Datacom and Telecom
Think Inside the Box.
It’s time to do more with less with PEM® fastening solutions for datacom and telecom. PEM® provides services that help the world's top datacom and telecom OEMs solve their most demanding fastening challenges.
Rapid Response Teams
From design to production, our engineering and manufacturing teams deliver the highest levels of service and collaboration to our customers.
In addition to our PEMedge® offering, key sites offer:
- Fastener prototyping in small volumes
- Expedited sample delivery
- On-site testing capabilities such as push-out, torque-out, pull-through and tightening torque
Global Telecom fastener market growth
Global Telecom fastener market is expected to grow at a 9% CAGR over the next 5 years.
Data Center Server market market growth
Data Center Server market is expected to grow at a 9% CAGR over the next 4 years.
DataCom/Telecom market is expected to grow at a 4% CAGR over the next 4 years.
datacom and telecom
50% less parts per unit.
When a global tech company was challenged with increasing power output for an electric power pack system, a custom-engineered microPEM® TackSert® pin answered the call. Parts per unit were reduced by 50% – driving faster, more efficient installation and improving the cosmetic look of the assembly.
TD™ Cable Tie-Mount Fasteners
A server rack assembly with no differentiation between AC and DC power supplies resulted in the installation of a wrong power supply into a server unit. Future costly errors were eliminated with a custom PEM® TD™ pin – which now acts as a mechanical fail-safe for the server’s power systems.
Smaller profile. Strong attachment.
A new rackmount rail configuration was needed when this global tech company redesigned their processor, resulting in a denser server. To fit the server’s smaller profile, they switched to a custom PEM® SpotFast® fastener, meeting the new rack-mountable product specs.
One Single Part Number, Anywhere in the World
Micro-Size Parts Available Off the Shelf
PEMedge® Value Add Services
Have a project? Let’s get started.
Have an application question? Talk to a PEM® engineer and discover the most reliable, cost-effective fastening solution for your biggest challenge.
Request free product samples and see how our innovative fastener designs and technologies can help save you time, money, and resources.
Gain valuable insights from our extensive resources center. Includes product catalogs, CAD drawings, data sheets, videos, engineering guides, and more.
Find information on environmental and government compliance, quality approvals and certifications, and browse other regulatory resources.
The Power to Connect
See how PEM® delivers engineering innovation with global services and capabilities that expand beyond the consumer electronics market.
PEM® Self-Clinching Fasteners
PEM® captive fasteners and captive nuts and studs are designed to help keep parts to a minimum and eliminate risks associated with loose hardware that could fall out and damage internal components. The panel fastener assemblies are ideal to attach metal panels to other thin material components in applications where subsequent access is needed.
See what’s possible with PEM® fastening solutions for consumer electronics. From catalog to custom parts, PEM® fasteners use self-clinching, broaching, flaring, and surface-mount technology for strong, reusable, and permanent threads and mounting points in different ductile/non-ductile materials.
Thinner. Lighter. Stronger.
Gain a market edge.
PEMedge® Services give you a full suite of expertise to improve your product’s cost, quality, time to market, and overall performance.
- Application Review
- Custom Design/Product Development
- Customer Drawings
- Catalog Samples
- 3D Models
- Prototype Development Center
- FEA Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Tensile and Compression Strength
- Micro Hardness
- Fastener Joint Cross-Sectioning
- Corrosion and Plating Testing
- Complete Product Disassembly
- Assembly Structure Assessment
- Identify Alternative Fastening Solutions
- Alternative Fastener Replacement/Testing
- Teardown Report
- Identify Efficiencies/Implementation Plan
- Free Customized Training Sessions
- Learn from Global Experts
- Live, web-based, and pre-recorded training options available
Standard Classes Include:
- Theory, Best Practices, Application Exploration
- Intro to Self-Clinch Theory
- Proper Fasteners for Stainless Steel Panels
- Surface Mount Fastener Technology (SMT) vs. Broach
Virtual Tech Support
- Connect with a live senior PEM® Engineering expert – you choose the date/time
- Get advanced consult for your application and design questions
- Review drawings and 3D models
- Discuss technical cleanliness needs
- Explore product teardown opportunities
Have a question?
Talk to an Engineer.
See what’s possible.
Connect with a PEM® engineering expert today and discover a reliable, cost-effective fastening solution for your challenging applications.
Or call any of the direct phone numbers listed below: