Title: Engineering Technician
Location: PEM Galway
Status: Fulltime Permanent
Report to: Engineering Manager
The Engineering Technician is a key member of the engineering team whose role involves:
- Engineering office responsibilities including the creation of drawings and documents and management of the ERP system to ensure that our products are made to the correct standards by the correct process.
- To support the manager and engineers and to participate as a team member in projects as required.
- Communication with all areas of the company including operations, engineering, quality, purchasing, sales
- Technical drawing skills and documentation control are core requirements.
- Accuracy and conscientiousness are necessary for success in the role.
- Priority setting, time management and communication with management & operations are important qualities the successful candidate must perform.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes an advantage.
- Manufacturing drawings
- Documentation control
- Manufacturing routings
- Create and modify procedures and work instructions
- Projects throughout the year
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency / reduce waste
- Research / data gathering to support Engineers
Tools of the job: ProE, AutoCAD, JDE(Oracle), Microsoft Office
- Fluent English both written and verbal
- Minimum of a Certificate / Diploma in Engineering or a related discipline
- Familiar with AutoCad and ProE or similar cad packages
- Maths and organizational skills
- Computer skills are required, particularly the ability to use spreadsheets and databases; ability to use presentations (i.e. MS PowerPoint) is also required.
- Some travel may be expected from this position. Candidate must be able to travel when required.
Please apply with your CV to [email protected].