PEM® PreTect™ Thread Masking Plugs
Re-engineered for ultimate thread protection - reducing labor and increasing production throughput.
PEM® CASTSERT™ PRESS-IN INSERTS
For castings and soft metals.
PEM® 300 Series Stainless Steel CastSert™ inserts provide strong, durable metal threads in zinc, extruded aluminum, and die-cast magnesium and aluminum ranging in hardness HRB 50 to 80.
PEM® GHOST™ FASTENING TECHNOLOGY
Magnetic release fasteners.
The GHOST™ Fastening Technology is ideal for achieving tight security and sleek aesthetics. This new PEM® capability produces a fully concealed fastener with zero visible evidence of disassembly once engaged.
The GHOST™ fastener may not be purchased for use in consumer electronics products. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Focused on industry
PEM® offers innovative fastening solutions for a variety of applications across industries like Automotive Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Datacom and more.
Solutions born from collaboration.
Expertise and collaboration drive our pursuit of innovative solutions. Have a project? Let’s get started.
Looking for a fastener? Chances are we have it. Try our new product finder tool. If you can’t find it,…
Over 90% of the world’s top automakers trust the high-performance power of PEM®. Try our fasteners for yourself.
Gain a market edge.
Benefit from the expertise of trained engineers with this array of complimentary services. Designed to help improve your product’s cost, quality, time to market, and overall performance, these services advance your products and our world.
- Application Review
- Custom Design/Product Development
- Customer Drawings
- Catalog Samples
- 3D Models
- Prototype Development Center
- FEA Analysis
- Mechanical Testing
- Tensile and Compression Strength
- Micro Hardness
- Fastener Joint Cross-Sectioning
- Corrosion and Plating Testing
- Complete Product Disassembly
- Assembly Structure Assessment
- Identify Alternative Fastening Solutions
- Alternative Fastener Replacement/Testing
- Teardown Report
- Identify Efficiencies/Implementation Plan
FASTENERCLASS® MASTER CLASS
- Free Customized Training Sessions
- Learn from Global Experts
- Live, web-based, and pre-recorded training options available
Standard Classes Include:
- Theory, Best Practices, Application Exploration
- Intro to Self-Clinch Theory
- Proper Fasteners for Stainless Steel Panels
- Surface Mount Fastener Technology (SMT) vs. Broach
Virtual Tech Support
- Connect with a live senior PEM® Engineering expert – you choose the date/time
- Get advanced consult for your application and design questions
- Review drawings and 3D models
- Discuss technical cleanliness needs
- Explore product teardown opportunities
News & Notes
Key Considerations When Choosing a Self Clinching Fastener6 Jun 2023
In the fast-paced world of design engineering, making the right choices for self clinching fasteners…
5 Ways a Fastener Design Course Can Enhance Your Career10 May 2023
Find out how a course in fastener technology can expand your design toolkit and enhance…
Choosing the Best Fastener Course for Your Design Requirements27 Apr 2023
Mechanical fasteners play a crucial role in the design process, and engineers need to thoroughly…
Employee Spotlight - Mark Chadwick26 Apr 2023
What inspired your career path? I’ve always enjoyed discovering how things worked and taking them…
See yourself here? Drop us a line.
PEM®, as a leading brand of PennEngineering, is always on the lookout for the best and brightest in their fields. Browse our current openings to see how you can help us solve the world's toughest fastening problems.