PEMedge® Teardown Services
Reduce Assembly Time. Reduce Cost.
PEMedge® Teardown Service is our free fastener analysis program that can uncover new ways to improve the price and performance of your current products.
At no cost to you, we’ll disassemble and analyze your product — exploring alternative fastening solutions and recommending improvements that can be made to cost, strength, weight, thickness, technical cleanliness, aesthetics, ease of use, and more.
- Each teardown starts with product disassembly by PEM® application engineers
- Disassemble main body – frame, cover, base
- Remove external hardware – screws, hinges
- Remove internal components – fasteners, camera, hard drive
- Step-by-step photos and details of the disassembly are captured
- Assess product assembly structure
- Examine fastener types
- Evaluate fastener locations, quantities, sizes, materials
- Identify alternative fastener solutions
- Replace and test more effective fastening solution
- Identify cost savings and opportunities to improve performance
- Identify efficiencies in assembly time/steps
- Share alternate hardware recommendations
- Outline steps for implementing new solutions
- Present comprehensive teardown report
What Types of Products Can You Tear Down?
Smartphones, computers, gaming consoles, home automation systems
Cameras, infotainment systems, electric vehicle chargers
Servers, rack systems, phone/cable accessories, security cameras
Vehicles, industrial machinery, recreational equipment
Where is Teardown Service Available?
We offer teardown service locations throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, contact your local PEM® representative or email us.
Request a Teardown Service
By analyzing current product design and assembly
trends and identifying alternative fastening solutions, PEMedge® Teardown Service can reveal where cost savings and other efficiencies lie within your product’s assembly.
- Less hardware
- More compact design
- Lighter weight components
- Streamlined, faster assembly
- Cleaner assembly/disassembly
- Cost savings
Have a project?
Let's get started.
Request PEMedge® Teardown Service Today.
Submit a request form for your product teardown, and a PEM® application engineer will be in touch to discuss details and get started.
Or Call Us: 1-800-342-5736