PreTect™ Thread Masking Plugs
- Fasteners are shipped with plugs and film (where applicable) already in place.
- Plugs can be augmented for thru-hole fastener types with a specially engineered stretched polyester film offering thread protection on the side opposite the plug.
- Plugs and film easily removed with a fine tip tool by end user.
- Plugs and film can withstand 482°F / 250°C temperatures.
- Fasteners can be installed using automated installation equipment. (Adjustments to auto feed tooling may be required.)
Expanded Range of TK™ TackSert® Pins
- Secure sheets to common magnesium die casting materials such as AZ91D. Also appropriate for attaching panels to plastics such as ABS.
- Alternative to screws, eliminating the need to tap or use threaded inserts.
- Tapered tip for easier alignment into base panel.
- Top sheet can be any material.
- Low-profile head.
- Simple, press-in installation. Does not require heat or ultrasonics.
- Can be installed automatically.
MSOFS™ microPEM® Flaring Standoffs
- MSOFS™ microPEM® flaring standoffs attach permanently in panels as thin as .008″/0.2mm of any hardness, including stainless steel.
- Can be installed into any type of panel, including metal, plastic and P.C. Board.
- Flaring feature allows for installation into multiple panels.
- Small footprint allows for reduced centerline-to-edge designs.
- Threads as small as #0-80/M1.
S-RT™ Free-Running Locknuts
- Screw turns freely until a clamp load is applied.
- Resistant to vibrational loosening.
- Back side of panel is flush or sub-flush for screw installation.
- Locking feature reusability is not affected by number of on/off cycles.
- Uses same mounting hole and installation tooling as standard S™ nut fasteners found in PEM® Bulletin CL.
SMTSS™ ReelFast® SNAP-TOP® Standoffs
- PEM® SMTSS™ fasteners feature a spring action to hold P.C. Board securely without screw or threaded hardware.
- Designed for on-only applications.*
- Mount on P.C. Boards in the same manner and at the same time as other surface mount components prior to the automated reflow solder process.
- Alleviates concerns about potential damage to P.C. Boards due to improper secondary operations.
- Fasteners provided on tape and reel compatible with existing SMT automated installation equipment.
- Benefits include reduced scrap, reduced handling and reduced risk of board damage.
SI® Lead-free Inserts For Plastics
- Lead-free inserts offer alternative to brass to address environmental active use and afterlife recycling concerns.
- New lead-free aluminum inserts are 70% lighter than brass equivalents.
- Stainless steel inserts are typically stronger than brass and may offer better protection from certian types of corrosive agents.
- All inserts are available for press in, molded in or ultrasonic/heat installation.
Nickel Plated, Series 400, Stainless Steel Standoffs
- Standoffs allow for stacking or spacing in applications where corrosion resistance is required.
- Fasteners clinch securely into stainless steel sheet with hardness up to HRB 88 / HB 183.
- Available with blind or through-hole threads. Closed threads provide flush appearance on back side of sheet.
- Nickel plating presents an attractive finish to enhance overall assembly appearance.
SMPP™ Self-Clinching Nuts
- Installs into stainless steel sheets as thin as .025″ / 0.64 mm.
- Corrosion resistance similar to 300 series stainless steel.
- Ideal for close-to-edge of sheet applications.
- Recommended for use in stainless steel sheets HRB 90 / HB 192 or less.
- New Electronics, October 2018 Issue – “Spotless Not Clueless” - October 16, 2018
- NEW iPhoneX Teardown Added to Tech Product Teardown Page - September 25, 2018
- Design and Development Today, Sept. 2018 – Micro Fasteners For Compact Consumer Electronics - September 17, 2018
Issues | Sign Up
- New PEM® PreTect™ Thread Masking Plugs for Self-Clinching Nuts and Standoffs Protect Internal Threads During Paint and Powder Coating Processes - October 18, 2018
- SI® Inserts For Plastic Assemblies Provide Reusable Metal Threads Enabling Easy Disassembly and Re-Attachment Whenever Required - September 27, 2018
- PennEngineering®赢得1400万美元赔偿的专利和商标侵权案 - September 6, 2018