S-RT™ Free-Running Locknuts
- Screw turns freely until a clamp load is applied.
- Resistant to vibrational loosening.
- Back side of panel is flush or sub-flush for screw installation.
- Locking feature reusability is not affected by number of on/off cycles.
- Uses same mounting hole and installation tooling as standard S™ nut fasteners found in PEM® Bulletin CL.
SMTSS™ ReelFast® SNAP-TOP® Standoffs
- PEM® SMTSS™ fasteners feature a spring action to hold P.C. Board securely without screw or threaded hardware.
- Designed for on-only applications.*
- Mount on P.C. Boards in the same manner and at the same time as other surface mount components prior to the automated reflow solder process.
- Alleviates concerns about potential damage to P.C. Boards due to improper secondary operations.
- Fasteners provided on tape and reel compatible with existing SMT automated installation equipment.
- Benefits include reduced scrap, reduced handling and reduced risk of board damage.
SI® Lead-free Inserts For Plastics
- Lead-free inserts offer alternative to brass to address environmental active use and afterlife recycling concerns.
- New lead-free aluminum inserts are 70% lighter than brass equivalents.
- Stainless steel inserts are typically stronger than brass and may offer better protection from certian types of corrosive agents.
- All inserts are available for press in, molded in or ultrasonic/heat installation.
Nickel Plated, Series 400, Stainless Steel Standoffs
- Standoffs allow for stacking or spacing in applications where corrosion resistance is required.
- Fasteners clinch securely into stainless steel sheet with hardness up to HRB 88 / HB 183.
- Available with blind or through-hole threads. Closed threads provide flush appearance on back side of sheet.
- Nickel plating presents an attractive finish to enhance overall assembly appearance.
SMPP™ Self-Clinching Nuts
- Installs into stainless steel sheets as thin as .025″ / 0.64 mm.
- Corrosion resistance similar to 300 series stainless steel.
- Ideal for close-to-edge of sheet applications.
- Recommended for use in stainless steel sheets HRB 90 / HB 192 or less.
Flush-head Studs with X-Press™ Thread Profile
- Offers fast, reliable attachment.
- Reduces assembly time.
- Allows for lighter assembly.
- Self-clinching stud mounts flush in metal sheets as thin as 1mm.
- Thread design accommodates paints and coatings without compromising performance.
- Self-clinching technology is cleaner and has a more attractive finished appearance than welding.
- Can be installed during th stamping process with PEMSERTER® In-die technology.
ReelFast® Surface Mount Captive Panel Screws
- All metal captive screw assembly installs in one piece utilizing pick and place method.
- Combination drive, Torx®/ slot.
- Solderable finish.
- Screw length code "0" retracts flush in up position.
- Ability to pick and place by nominal nozzle.
- Ease of installation.
VariMount® Bonding Fasteners
- Base plate provides generous footprint for surface bonding or mold-in mounting.
- Radial holes in base plates encapsulate adhesives or molded plastics.
- Radial holes accept standard sized rivet diameters.
- Radial holes accept standard sized self-clinching fasteners.
- Assemblies can be mounted on front or through back of panels.
- Self-clinching fastener technology permanently holds fastener to base.
- A variety of fasteners are available.
ReelFast® Surface Mount Fasteners – Tin Plated Brass Nuts and Spacers / Standoffs
- Better corrosion resistance than steel standoffs.
- Higher conductivity than steel standoffs.
- Pick-n-place installation provides:
- Faster assembly
- Reduced scrap and handling
- Reduced risk of board damage
- Reduced loose hardware.
Type T4™ microPEM® TackPin® Fasteners
- Advantages over micro screws: eliminates costly tapping, cross threading, torque control, vibration back-out and installation time.
- Interference fit minimizes hole tolerance issues.
- Tapered tip assists location.
- Low-profile head provides space savings.
- Can be installed automatically.
- For use in stainless steel and higher strength aluminum alloy sheets.
- NEW Additions To Our Video Libray; “Corporate Overview” and “VariMount® Virtues” - October 5, 2017
- AMS Asia Pacific Supplement August 2017 – “Down To Earth, Validation Tests of PROFIL’s Earthing Studs” - August 15, 2017
- DesignFax Magazine Feature Article “How Surface Mount Fasteners Carry The Day For Printed Circuit Boards” - April 20, 2017
Issues | Sign Up
- PennEngineering Delivers Productivity Gains with its PEMSERTER® Series 3000™ Fastener Installation Press Combined with Collaborative Robotic Technology - November 3, 2017
- PennEngineering® Initiates Patent and Trademark Infringement Action Against Dongguan Fenggang Pinconn Hardware Factory and Enforces Preliminary Injunction Against Pinconn - November 2, 2017
- New PEM® S-RT™ Self-Clinching Free-Running Locknuts with Modified Threads Enable Easier Tightening of Mating Screws and Vibration-Resistant Locking Performance - October 31, 2017